U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 PM

321 posts, read 522,444 times

Advertisements

@bronxvet & meemesone
Keep us posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:38 PM

523 posts, read 1,256,239 times
Will do guys!

Old 10-13-2015, 07:49 PM

21 posts, read 23,938 times
Default home Check

The home check is very basic and takes 10 minutes - the "inspector" came in took a picture of my family or the ones that were moving to the new apartment. He then took a picture of the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathroom and he was gone. Said it would take a couple of weeks for the entire report to be sent to the management office. I received a call a week later saying they had already received the report and I could come in for additional paperwork.

the background / home check is very expensive we have 3 adults (me, my wife and my daughter because she is 18) and the cost was 554.00.

the things they will really look at
1- your present ability to pay the rent
2- criminal background (please don't start with that's illegal - nobody will admit it yet they all do it)
3- how many people will move into the apartment - don't lie and think I will say its me and they kids and sneak my spouse in later - you may get away with it initially but someone will rat you out in the building - I have only been here 6months and there are plenty of rats (the 2 legged kind)

make sure you have all of your papers in order , taxes, W2, paystubs birth certificates for kids
marriage license etc etc

If you have everything ready - it makes it so much easier on the office staff - in addition bring copies - yes they have a copy machine but if you bring your originals and copies for them you will see how fast they will get you through the appointment.

recently management has started cracking down on the noise makers, people hanging out in the park drinking and the dogs (I am a dog lover and want my dog but there are several owners who have dogs they have screwed it up for everyone). there was a recent incident with the security department and one of the known troublemakers - resulting in his arrest -

also there is still a lot of construction going on but nothing seems to be getting completed
but they finally removed the scaffold shedding from most of the buildings.

In the last month I have noticed 2 people moving in 1 in my own building and 1 in another building - I don't know how many bedrooms or anything like that - I just saw the moving trucks bring stuff in

Old 10-14-2015, 05:26 AM

18 posts, read 28,064 times
Thanks Very Much BKLYNRODD for the home visit/check and update info you have provided to us all!

Old 10-14-2015, 05:31 AM

18 posts, read 28,064 times
I have about 65 people ahead of me on the 1-Bedroom list. It has moved very slow since it came out early this year. But, I have patience and a sense of Hope.
To all concerned about their housing sites:
I know these blogs help all those who are very concerned about the conditions in their living sites. I wish to remain as a Pro-Active tenant, once moved in. Tenants have many rights and should speak their concerns always. I am speaking about overall tenant complaints, issues, concerns, and suggestions for improvement:
If you see something--- Say Something! The more tenants that speak up, the better chances that their concerns will be addressed by management. If not, then we go up the chain of command to the Boro Directors Office. Do Not Give Up.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:22 AM

30 posts, read 34,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Hey yeah im waiting on hpd's decision too! Its been 2 weeks exactly since they did home visit. I'm actually on another list too and thats the one I'm in the process of. I am in masaryk list too but I am in mid 100s ! So if all goes well I will be jumping off the masaryk list! Good luck to you bronxvet!
Good morning meemsone. It has been about3 weeks for me since my application has been. With HPD. If I remember correctly you are around 5 weeks. Have you heard anything.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxvet View Post
Good morning meemsone. It has been about3 weeks for me since my application has been. With HPD. If I remember correctly you are around 5 weeks. Have you heard anything.
Still nothing . Tomorrow will be 5 weeks exactly and i have yet to hear anything. Maybe since there were a whole bunch of holidays in the last month it slowed the process up. But as soon as I hear something I'll post it here. I'll probably email the complex again if I dont hear anything by Friday.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxvet View Post
Hey
so Okay yeah so they heard from HPD! just in case anyone has to wait that long!

Old 10-16-2015, 02:49 PM

30 posts, read 34,157 times
When you say they heard from HPD who is that? Are you in?

Old 10-17-2015, 04:47 AM

38 posts, read 45,418 times
Talking sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynrodd View Post
The home check is very basic and takes 10 minutes - the "inspector" came in took a picture of my family or the ones that were moving to the new apartment. He then took a picture of the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathroom and he was gone. Said it would take a couple of weeks for the entire report to be sent to the management office. I received a call a week later saying they had already received the report and I could come in for additional paperwork.

the background / home check is very expensive we have 3 adults (me, my wife and my daughter because she is 18) and the cost was 554.00.

the things they will really look at
1- your present ability to pay the rent
2- criminal background (please don't start with that's illegal - nobody will admit it yet they all do it)
3- how many people will move into the apartment - don't lie and think I will say its me and they kids and sneak my spouse in later - you may get away with it initially but someone will rat you out in the building - I have only been here 6months and there are plenty of rats (the 2 legged kind)

make sure you have all of your papers in order , taxes, W2, paystubs birth certificates for kids
marriage license etc etc

If you have everything ready - it makes it so much easier on the office staff - in addition bring copies - yes they have a copy machine but if you bring your originals and copies for them you will see how fast they will get you through the appointment.

recently management has started cracking down on the noise makers, people hanging out in the park drinking and the dogs (I am a dog lover and want my dog but there are several owners who have dogs they have screwed it up for everyone). there was a recent incident with the security department and one of the known troublemakers - resulting in his arrest -

also there is still a lot of construction going on but nothing seems to be getting completed
but they finally removed the scaffold shedding from most of the buildings.
thanks for sharing, it is helpful, although it is long way to go, i am still waiting.

In the last month I have noticed 2 people moving in 1 in my own building and 1 in another building - I don't know how many bedrooms or anything like that - I just saw the moving trucks bring stuff in
Thanks for sharing information. Although it is long way to go, maybe more than 10 years, but I will be happy to wait for the chance to come. Wish luck all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City