Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:55 AM

10 posts, read 15,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkerjackson View Post
Hi jennylhq and Wanting_to_move,

I have just seen your messages. I have not been called yet.

But, I called the office 2 weeks ago about my status. The lady named Melissa said I might be called about summer. For the 1 bedroom apartment waiting list, my log number is #10, it is #3 now. But there are 4 families ahead of me. I don't know how they account the list.

Thanks for everybody's contribution at this thread. I am not familiar with this forum. So, most of time, I just don't know how to reply your messages.

Again, appreciate all your precious information.

Newyorkerjackson

That's great that you can expect a call in a few months newyorker. But, wow is that discouraging for me! I expected a call in 2016/2017 but at that rate that seems unlikely. My list is in the 300s and I have 158 people ahead of me for the 1bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 08:41 AM

576 posts, read 1,547,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari_ View Post
That's great that you can expect a call in a few months newyorker. But, wow is that discouraging for me! I expected a call in 2016/2017 but at that rate that seems unlikely. My list is in the 300s and I have 158 people ahead of me for the 1bedroom.
Well I'm ahead of you somewhere in low 100s and I may pads depending if I get another apt I'm waiting on . I'm actually next on that list

Old 03-31-2015, 04:09 PM

329 posts, read 682,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari_ View Post
That's great that you can expect a call in a few months newyorker. But, wow is that discouraging for me! I expected a call in 2016/2017 but at that rate that seems unlikely. My list is in the 300s and I have 158 people ahead of me for the 1 bedroom.
Mari_,
I totally understand! I've been on the 2 bedroom list since March 2010 that's 5 years now! My number is pretty high its in the 1100's and the list is at 869 still ways to go. I hate to say it but it might be a longer wait then what we thought. I think that because the price of housing in Manhattan is so high that middle income people are all flocking to these lists since we can't really afford anything in the Manhattan. Also with the "Delancey Crossing" less people want to leave and I can't blame them.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:22 PM

82 posts, read 174,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Well I'm ahead of you somewhere in low 100s and I may pads depending if I get another apt I'm waiting on . I'm actually next on that list
We all are happy for you because you are next on another list. I am in low 200s and I have a few years to go before I get called.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:41 PM

38 posts, read 63,031 times
Smile good luck

Hi, Newyorkjackson

hope you could move in this year!

Quote:

But, I called the office 2 weeks ago about my status. The lady named Melissa said I might be called about summer. For the 1 bedroom apartment waiting list, my log number is #10, it is #3 now. But there are 4 families ahead of me. I don't know how they account the list.

Thanks for everybody's contribution at this thread. I am not familiar with this forum. So, most of time, I just don't know how to reply your messages.

Newyorkerjackson

Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
The lists seem to be moving at such a glacial pace at the moment - hope it speeds up as the weather warms up and the school year ends, my latest 2-yr. lease renewal started today and I really want it to be my last!

Old 04-02-2015, 05:36 AM

18 posts, read 36,350 times
Quote:

Newyorkerjackson
I have about 65 people ahead of me on the 1-bedroom wait list, although my list number is in the very low 100's. The actual lottery list number is not the actual eligibility or wait number: some people on the list ahead of us were no longer interested or were rejected for eligibility due to credit, background check, rental history... So that is why our chances are better when these things happen, and I do express my sympathy for those that were disqualified!

Old 04-02-2015, 05:42 AM

18 posts, read 36,350 times
I am wishing a very Happy Healthy Easter holiday Season to all! We all must remember to have patience and a very good sense of Faith & Hope in this housing journey.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:23 PM

82 posts, read 174,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg2007 View Post
I have about 65 people ahead of me on the 1-bedroom wait list, although my list number is in the very low 100's. The actual lottery list number is not the actual eligibility or wait number: some people on the list ahead of us were no longer interested or were rejected for eligibility due to credit, background check, rental history... So that is why our chances are better when these things happen, and I do express my sympathy for those that were disqualified!
So, you know the management does disqualify people on those factors you mentioned. Any other things of disqualification? Just want to know. Thank you.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:50 PM

329 posts, read 682,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg2007 View Post
I am wishing a very Happy Healthy Easter holiday Season to all! We all must remember to have patience and a very good sense of Faith & Hope in this housing journey.
Thanks for the inspirational Message! This opportunity would be life changing for me. I have faith that it will happen when it's suppose to happen. At times I get a bit impatient. I'm hoping that It will happen this year.

Happy holiday and good luck to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery