Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 08:55 PM

252 posts, read 607,742 times

Advertisements

Question I forgot to ask, for a mitchell lama coop you have to show NYC residency correct? I have a friend that wants to put her name on lists when they open up, but iam telling her she cant with no nyc residency. Am i right or wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 10:57 PM

329 posts, read 682,404 times
It's the first thing listed on the announcement. You can take a look at one in my Album. Imagine if you didn't need residency every but New Yorker would be living in these buildings.

Veterans do get preference. You might have a bit to go but only 29 ahead of you is great!

Best of luck and thanks for posting

By the way do you know what actual number tbr list was at ? There is someone on the thread that is number 10. I'm sure they would love to know

Old 06-20-2015, 06:38 AM

252 posts, read 607,742 times
Thats what I told her. I knew I saw somewhere only open to nyc resident. Sorry i dont know the number, i went to look at the list and everyone was out for lunch but the office was still open so i went to go look for my name then i left

Old 06-23-2015, 08:45 AM

33 posts, read 58,450 times
You do not have to be a NY City Resident to be on the Mitchell Lama Masaryk Towers Lottery List. However, you must be a NY State Resident to be on the Lottery Application List. I looked at the Lottery Application and it says NY State. I also verified with Masaryk Towers. One bedroom list is up to #3. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ProudOfOurMilitary; 06-23-2015 at 09:10 AM..

Old 06-23-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudOfOurMilitary View Post
You do not have to be a NY City Resident to be on the Mitchell Lama Masaryk Towers Lottery List. However, you must be a NY State Resident to be on the Lottery Application List. I looked at the Lottery Application and it says NY State. I also verified with Masaryk Towers. One bedroom list is up to #3. Hope this helps.
Thanks ProudifOurMiltery
For the clarification I honestly didn't even give it a second thought. Also thanks for updating us on the one bedroom list number.

Welcome to the thread. Are you also on the list ?

Old 06-23-2015, 12:50 PM

33 posts, read 58,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Thanks ProudifOurMiltery
For the clarification I honestly didn't even give it a second thought. Also thanks for updating us on the one bedroom list number.

Welcome to the thread. Are you also on the list ?
Thanks Wanting_to_Move. No, I am not on any list but my daughter is on two lists. One at Masaryk Towers and the other at Lindsay Park. I often check the threads for updates. Looks like it will be quite sometime before they get to her number. She is in the 800's at Masaryk Towers.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:17 PM

Thats very sweet of you. 800 on the one bedroom list ? Unfortunately it's always to go. I've been on the two bedroom for 5 years! And probably have a least alone to go. Best of luck to her.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 AM

Hello Everyone!!

Hope everyone is doing well! just wanted to thank everyone for sharing any information that you learned with the thread.

I called today and the 2 Bedroom List is 985

I'm getting closer and closer which is very exciting! a little over a 125 numbers to go!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Old 06-29-2015, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,497 times
Hello Everyone,

I been selected on Masaryk Towers lottery list (one bedroom apt). My number is around 100. Anybody knows current number? Thank you

Old 06-29-2015, 12:05 PM

Welcome to the thread

Not sure if you read through the thread. Someone said that they are up to number 3. There are a number of people waiting for the one bedroom. You can always call and update us.

Good luck on your wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery