U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:42 PM

6,041 posts, read 10,365,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
But does the streets and garbage smell the same when it's hot compare
to cold? Does it smell the same when people packed like sardines inside
the subway stations during the summer and winter?

I hate both the extreme hot or cold weathers, but personally I think cold
is the lesser of the two evils.
Yes, the streets and garbage smell the same when it is cold compared to warm/hot and it still can be dirty either way.

Dont you remember after the blizzards in winter when the snow melted how dirty it was and with the garbage bags piled up high in so many places? Also, dont you remember the dirty slush when the snow melted?

Yes, it still smells the same when people are packed like sardines inside the subways and other places during the summer and winter.

I like warm/hot weather. It is annoying when people complain too much about warm/hot weather and try to ruin it for others.

I still like cold weather sometimes but most of the time I like warm/hot weather more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 08:04 PM

922 posts, read 1,865,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Yes, the streets and garbage smell the same when it is cold compared to warm/hot and it still can be dirty either way.

Dont you remember after the blizzards in winter when the snow melted how dirty it was and with the garbage bags piled up high in so many places? Also, dont you remember the dirty slush when the snow melted?

Yes, it still smells the same when people are packed like sardines inside the subways and other places during the summer and winter.

I like warm/hot weather. It is annoying when people complain too much about warm/hot weather and try to ruin it for others.

I still like cold weather sometimes but most of the time I like warm/hot weather more.
Ok, I guess the streets and garbage smell the same during the
summer and winter. Maybe is my own nose that is more smelly
during the summer then. I'll make appointment with my doctor
for checkup ASAP.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:09 PM

10,613 posts, read 20,750,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
Ok, I guess the streets and garbage smell the same during the
summer and winter. Maybe is my own nose that is more smelly
during the summer then. I'll make appointment with my doctor
for checkup ASAP.
I need an appointment for that, too.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:21 PM

654 posts, read 1,102,679 times
I cannot grasp how one can actually enjoy the cold, I've never understood that. Snow is ehh, it might as well snow if it HAS to be cold. The last day of the recent heat wave was disgusting because of the air quality, that had to be the worst poor air quality day I've ever experienced, it felt like I was standing in front of a cigarette and a blow drier. I like the heat though, plus it's far more comfortable than being cold, numb, and shivering while staring at a dead landscape.

Garbage always smells to me, whether it's summer or winter, never noticed a difference.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:59 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,727,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
I like the heat though, plus it's far more comfortable than being cold, numb, and shivering while staring at a dead landscape.
As the old expression goes, it's not the heat; it's the humidity. 95 degrees of dry heat is no problem. Unfortunately, New York happens to be a coastal city, so there's always lots of water around to make things uncomfortable.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 AM

2,490 posts, read 3,817,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
I cannot grasp how one can actually enjoy the cold, I've never understood that. Snow is ehh, it might as well snow if it HAS to be cold. The last day of the recent heat wave was disgusting because of the air quality, that had to be the worst poor air quality day I've ever experienced, it felt like I was standing in front of a cigarette and a blow drier. I like the heat though, plus it's far more comfortable than being cold, numb, and shivering while staring at a dead landscape.

Garbage always smells to me, whether it's summer or winter, never noticed a difference.
I agree with you 100%. The cold is just miserable. I get so depressed in the winter.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,727,451 times
I don't find cold in the winter nearly as depressing as this annual Daylight Savings Time nonsense. When the sun sets and it isn't even 5:00 in the afternoon--that's depressing!

Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,817,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I don't find cold in the winter nearly as depressing as this annual Daylight Savings Time nonsense. When the sun sets and it isn't even 5:00 in the afternoon--that's depressing!
VERY TRUE! There's nothing worse than leaving work at 5 and it's pitch black. UGH. I love the sunshine. I really think I suffer from SAD.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM

49 posts, read 78,483 times
I think I'm one of the few out there who likes snow, and hot chocolate and Christmas songs. Cuddling up on the couch in the dark with my DVD's...
I hate the heat. When it's so hot you're miserable and there's nothing you can do about it. In the winter at least you can add clothes for warmth.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:20 AM

54 posts, read 92,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinfabuleux View Post
I think I'm one of the few out there who likes snow, and hot chocolate and Christmas songs. Cuddling up on the couch in the dark with my DVD's...
I hate the heat. When it's so hot you're miserable and there's nothing you can do about it. In the winter at least you can add clothes for warmth.
Yeah, I agree. I usually get a little depressed at the beginning of Winter but it tends to go away. There's something really nice sometimes about going outside and having the cool air hit your face. Both summer and winter have good and bad things about them. Of course I hate the extremes of both. But I wouldn't really want no seasons at all... I think there is something special about every season. Makes life more, uh, interesting I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City