U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,159,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatitdo? View Post
It's unbearable right now. I have all the AC's on full blast but it's still so hot!!! It's like there's no escape. Its always hot, all the time, it seems.
Only in the summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
LOL yall can never be satisfied. when its cold yall complain just the same. sure its not, but it beats having to dress like an Eskimo everyday. plus boy the ladies are sexy...wooooo ieeeee
I never complain when it's cold. I love the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
I seriously can't believe some people are complaining about the recent warm temperatures in NYC.

Yes, above 104 is something to complain about but 90s? No big deal and actually enjoyable.
The human body temperature is 98.6 degrees so temperatures in the 90s actually matches your body temperature!

Damn, too many people complain about way too many types of weather these days and then seem to want others to complain about the weather too much.

Some people complain when its in the 90s, and then they complain when it is cold and snowing, and then they complain when it is cloudy/rainy, and after that they like to complain if the temperatures are too mild and consistent, and lastly they like to complain if it gets too sunny. I know so many people that fall into all of those categories.

I think more people should have a more open mind and try to like more types of weather.

Personally, I like the 90s in NYC the past few days, but I also liked the snow blizzards NYC had in December to January. I liked the rainy/cloudy mild weather days this past May, and all the sunny days lately this past June.
Idk how people love the heat. I guess people love to sweat and smell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 AM

1,308 posts, read 2,914,455 times
me i love the heat because of my RA and i can take the cold before i have to go somewhere it warm for a few day's

but after liveing in the summer time heat of Az & NV the heat to me is not as bad as the cold winter's i went through last here ..

plus we on the tail end of the El Nino that comes after that we get what is called the Baby El Nino when it comes to weather patterns we are getting right now

if you check the weather system patten for every 10 year's for El Nino where it push up from the west coast into the weather patterns into the mid west and the east coast areas cause in a few crazy months of crazy weather ..

with the El Nino is mixing in with the gulf lake effect and the Canada weather effect into one crazy winter month's weather to record snows and ice storms to rain and flooding in the socalled short spring into the hot summer month's

Old 06-10-2011, 11:55 AM

49 posts, read 78,483 times
I love the winter too! I'd take snow over scorching heat any time.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:01 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,159,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinfabuleux View Post
I love the winter too! I'd take snow over scorching heat any time.
Same here

Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 PM

1,362 posts, read 1,490,299 times
Hot..HOt.... Hot is when sweat is rolling down the crack of my ass like niagara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:49 AM

20,147 posts, read 26,435,766 times
And how quickly it changes...look how nice and moderate the last 10 days were.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 PM

448 posts, read 584,744 times
I love the heat. Tank tops, sun dresses, and booty shorts!!!!

Old 06-18-2011, 02:33 PM

6,041 posts, read 10,365,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Idk how people love the heat. I guess people love to sweat and smell.
Someone can sweat and smell if it is cold too.

Also, what if I said "Idk how people love the cold. I guess people love to have their face frozen and having to bundle up in layers to survive being outside." That is similar to you saying that heat statement.

There are many reasons people like warm/hot temperatures.

Not because of that reason you mentioned.

Quote:
I seriously can't believe some people are complaining about the recent warm temperatures in NYC.

Yes, above 104 is something to complain about but 90s? No big deal and actually enjoyable.
The human body temperature is 98.6 degrees so temperatures in the 90s actually matches your body temperature!

Damn, too many people complain about way too many types of weather these days and then seem to want others to complain about the weather too much.

Some people complain when its in the 90s, and then they complain when it is cold and snowing, and then they complain when it is cloudy/rainy, and after that they like to complain if the temperatures are too mild and consistent, and lastly they like to complain if it gets too sunny. I know so many people that fall into all of those categories.

I think more people should have a more open mind and try to like more types of weather.

Personally, I like the 90s in NYC the past few days, but I also liked the snow blizzards NYC had in December to January. I liked the rainy/cloudy mild weather days this past May, and all the sunny days lately this past June.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:06 PM

922 posts, read 1,864,982 times
Quote:
Someone can sweat and smell if it is cold too.

Also, what if I said "Idk how people love the cold. I guess people love to have their face frozen and having to bundle up in layers to survive being outside." That is similar to you saying that heat statement.

There are many reasons people like warm/hot temperatures.

Not because of that reason you mentioned.
But does the streets and garbage smell the same when it's hot compare
to cold? Does it smell the same when people packed like sardines inside
the subway stations during the summer and winter?

I hate both the extreme hot or cold weathers, but personally I think cold
is the lesser of the two evils.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:04 AM

20,147 posts, read 26,435,766 times
It is true, the streets DO get rank in a heat spell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City