Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:11 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Exactly, I hat humidity more than anything in the whole entire world ***stomps feet, and has temper tantrum***
we hardly have enough of days where it is just comfortable out.

We will get one glorious day (did I say glorious ?? ), and then 4 shytty days after that. I feel like we all live indoors with either heat on or air conditioning on, with never any real air blowing through an open window....then we wonder why there is an energy shortage.....we can never open a window for air, we must use electricity with either heat or a/c

so yes, put me down for a yes, I hate the weather here.
LOL we are always in agreement nightcrawler!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM

581 posts, read 1,244,249 times
LOL yall can never be satisfied. when its cold yall complain just the same. sure its not, but it beats having to dress like an Eskimo everyday. plus boy the ladies are sexy...wooooo ieeeee

Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
I seriously can't believe some people are complaining about the recent warm temperatures in NYC.

Yes, above 104 is something to complain about but 90s? No big deal and actually enjoyable.
The human body temperature is 98.6 degrees so temperatures in the 90s actually matches your body temperature!

Damn, too many people complain about way too many types of weather these days and then seem to want others to complain about the weather too much.

Some people complain when its in the 90s, and then they complain when it is cold and snowing, and then they complain when it is cloudy/rainy, and after that they like to complain if the temperatures are too mild and consistent, and lastly they like to complain if it gets too sunny. I know so many people that fall into all of those categories.

I think more people should have a more open mind and try to like more types of weather.

Personally, I like the 90s in NYC the past few days, but I also liked the snow blizzards NYC had in December to January. I liked the rainy/cloudy mild weather days this past May, and all the sunny days lately this past June.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:20 PM

442 posts, read 1,297,021 times
im not complaining i like the heat.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
im not complaining i like the heat.
I am glad you liked the heat. I did too.

I like a lot of the weather variation NYC gets(However, I would like winter to be a bit shorter).

But I was referring to the people that complain about the heat and complain about too many types of weather in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
LOL yall can never be satisfied. when its cold yall complain just the same. sure its not, but it beats having to dress like an Eskimo everyday. plus boy the ladies are sexy...wooooo ieeeee
I agree with your post!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I seriously can't believe some people are complaining about the recent warm temperatures in NYC.

Yes, above 104 is something to complain about but 90s? No big deal and actually enjoyable.
The human body temperature is 98.6 degrees so temperatures in the 90s actually matches your body temperature!

Damn, too many people complain about way too many types of weather these days and then seem to want others to complain about the weather too much.

Some people complain when its in the 90s, and then they complain when it is cold and snowing, and then they complain when it is cloudy/rainy, and after that they like to complain if the temperatures are too mild and consistent, and lastly they like to complain if it gets too sunny. I know so many people that fall into all of those categories.

I think more people should have a more open mind and try to like more types of weather.

Personally, I like the 90s in NYC the past few days, but I also liked the snow blizzards NYC had in December to January. I liked the rainy/cloudy mild weather days this past May, and all the sunny days lately this past June.
Well, aren't you Mister Sunshine.

btw, the thread was started last year when the temps were in the 100s. I revived it when the temp hit 90 because I hate the heat.

I'm allowed to complain about the heat! This is the internet! And the heat sucks.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I like the heat too, 102 degrees in Palm Springs California, it is dry, and wonderful.

I don't like the humidity, it makes me want to crawl into a hole and die.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I like the heat too, 102 degrees in Palm Springs California, it is dry, and wonderful.

I don't like the humidity, it makes me want to crawl into a hole and die.
Same here. I love the heat, and but the dry heat. Not this humidity where you feel you are covered in a layer of nastiness. I jumped in the shower as soon as I got home yesterday I couldn't stand the way I felt.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:00 AM

961 posts, read 2,464,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
It's so beautiful, I love heat.

I can't wait to see how July & August are gonna turn out.
You're brave, I thought I left this back in Florida. But I am enjoying it, that last winter was like an angry ex who just can't take a hint.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatitdo? View Post
It's unbearable right now. I have all the AC's on full blast but it's still so hot!!! It's like there's no escape. Its always hot, all the time, it seems.
Only in the summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I never complain when it's cold. I love the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

Idk how people love the heat. I guess people love to sweat and smell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City