U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:57 AM

3,012 posts, read 5,175,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
You may have grown up in Soundview but it doesn't sound like you are really that familiar with The Bronx ,so you shouldn't be speaking in such generalities.

Or with soundview for that matter.Soundview
now specifically Story ave is quite and a working class area. The poster seems stuck in the 1970s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
There is nothing wrong with Soundview..it is actually quite residential, and the area specifically at Lafayette is a working class neighborhood and quiet, with a large park along the waterfront..
Exactly my point. Its not "leave it to beaver" but good enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 PM

7 posts, read 31,644 times
First of all I can speak any way I like and I can have my opinion, the last time I checked it was still a free country. I will apologize if I have touched a nerve, and yes I did mean soundview. I have visited other parts of The Bronx, I still have family there and noticed so much trash along the highways and on the streets. I guess I have lived so many places where they care about there community and keep it clean. Once again I do apologize for offending anyone, and I do mean anyone. So lets consider this squashed, reason being...you have your opinion and I have mine. We can disagree agreeable. No Need for name calling. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,175,108 times
There isnt any need for name calling. Me an other bronxites were simply corrcting your outdated information on the borough. Soundview,where i live, is nothing like what you described. Atleast the part where i live in which is lafeyette gardens. When you talk about the bronx,even a neighborhood in the bronx you have to be very specific about where your talking about. You can be talking about the ghetto of watson ave or the serenity of lafeyette

Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,318 times
Exclamation lafayette estates - warning

My parents and I moved into these buildings 46 years ago. I can tell you that in all that time, getting repairs/upgrades has always been a problem. To this date, they still live there and all the upgrades are being done ONLY for those who buy their apartments. Cosmetically, the newer apartments look nice, but don't be fooled. The old pipes, (infrastucture) is still there. The old problems still exist (pests, broken water pipes etc.). About the only thing they've done is install new windows. My parents have been on a waiting list for years to replace kitchen cabinets, counters and bathroom fixtures/walls. Each and every time they are told by whatever managment happens to be at the time that they are NOT scheduling any renovations but "if you move out we can upgrade your apartment." after 46 years, why move. They've invested enough money to qualify to have an upgrade!
While these apartments are definitely larger than most and very conveniently located, you want your money spent wisely.
In this economy, you have to be very careful how you spend your money and these apartments are not worth it. They are not a good investment.
Take it from someone who lives there. Ask around before you give away your money.http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Buyer beware!!http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or