Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:15 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,229,739 times

Advertisements

Extremely hot this summer and all the lakes are drying up here. No boats needed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,310 times
Default I miss the southern states

I have lived in a few southern states. GA, AL and TN. I was born in WNY and I have relocated twice to NY. Comparing locations I must say I really dislike the north. I'm living closer to my parents right now but after the time of their passing I will be going back south. Texas is my desired destination. I find NY to be overly taxed and the people rude and inconsiderate. I have experience more racism and racist people in NY. I'm not fond of the poor condition of the roads. I've noticed two places where the state has repaved roads that were in good condition and ignore pot holes on the interstate. Property tax is twice as much as I paid in TN and for half the size of the house. Car insurance is much more living in a rural town then when I lived in the Nashville metro area. People I knew as a child 25 years ago picked up where the left off in picking on me. 25 years and they haven't changed. Friends I have down south treated me like blood. Anyways enough said. I hope you have a good day.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 AM

491 posts, read 1,430,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keliken View Post
I have lived in a few southern states. GA, AL and TN. I was born in WNY and I have relocated twice to NY. Comparing locations I must say I really dislike the north. I'm living closer to my parents right now but after the time of their passing I will be going back south. Texas is my desired destination. I find NY to be overly taxed and the people rude and inconsiderate. I have experience more racism and racist people in NY. I'm not fond of the poor condition of the roads. I've noticed two places where the state has repaved roads that were in good condition and ignore pot holes on the interstate. Property tax is twice as much as I paid in TN and for half the size of the house. Car insurance is much more living in a rural town then when I lived in the Nashville metro area. People I knew as a child 25 years ago picked up where the left off in picking on me. 25 years and they haven't changed. Friends I have down south treated me like blood. Anyways enough said. I hope you have a good day.
thats exactly how i feel about anything south of the ny/pa border

Old 11-09-2007, 04:55 AM

491 posts, read 1,430,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickman2450 View Post
Everyone I meet down south says this.......but with varying answers.

My answer: A JOB!
there are plenty of jobs, you just have to look...i only have a bachelors degree and i have had no problems in wny at all.

like they say 90% of open jobs are NOT ADVERTISED.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 AM

280 posts, read 1,217,380 times
Thumbs down I have lived in NC for 2yrs, moving back up north

1. change of seasons-the weather sucks, no snow, way to hot for 5 months out of the year, soooo humid my hair has taken on a mind of its own.
2. the food
3. drivers suck down here, I have never been so tailgated in my life, even the cops tailgate, I seen someone tailgating a schoolbus the other day
4. clear lakes & rivers, they are all manmade down here
5. its a different world down here, the south thinks the north is still taking over
6. want to hear something I have heard: whats the difference between a Yankee & a Damm Yankee? A Yankee is one that comes down to visit & then goes home. A Damm Yankee is one that comes down and stays.
7. I could go on and on and on.....

Last edited by sue64; 11-09-2007 at 09:16 AM..

Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM

19 posts, read 60,283 times
Default do you ...

Have a job yet? I am looking to move back to, but the job search continues!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue64 View Post
1. change of seasons-the weather sucks, no snow, way to hot for 5 months out of the year, soooo humid my hair has taken on a mind of its own.
2. the food
3. drivers suck down here, I have never been so tailgated in my life, even the cops tailgate, I seen someone tailgating a schoolbus the other day
5. its a different world down here, the south thinks the north is still taking over
6. want to hear something I have heard: whats the difference between a Yankee & a Damm Yankee? A Yankee is one that comes down to visit & then goes home. A Damm Yankee is one that comes down and stays.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:08 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,617,592 times
Quote:
2. the food
Odd. Doesn't sound like the same state I've lived in for 11 years now.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:19 AM

Default No job yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloguru View Post
Have a job yet? I am looking to move back to, but the job search continues!!
Im moving back when my lease is up in June & have someone to stay with until I get my feet on the ground, so thats alot of help. Im counting the days...

Old 11-09-2007, 09:36 AM

19 posts, read 60,283 times
Default Yeah!

Quote:
Im moving back when my lease is up in June & have someone to stay with until I get my feet on the ground, so thats alot of help. Im counting the days...
That is great! Where about are you moving to?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Well my heart wants to move back to NY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloguru View Post
That is great! Where about are you moving to?
but me and my family are moving to RI, but I can live with that its another beautiful state (we were actually going to move there 15yrs ago) & its only 3 1/2hrs to where I used to live in NY & I can weekend visit, so excited. Where are you moving to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York