U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-05-2007, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 6,024 times
Post places to live..."help or wish me luck"

My family & I are moving to Fort Drum, NY within a matter of weeks. I am totally stressed! I am looking for a place to live, I have two small children and don't want to live in a hotel/motel. A daily drive of up to an hour is okay too. I have all my ducks in a row including money and references. The only down fall is I have 1 cat who's 10 years old and I need a three bedroom place.

I've spoken with local realtor's & I've been calling people listing homes/apts from craigslist.org & the local paper. And it seems totally impossible to find a place to live. Does anyone local have any suggestions or am I totally SOL.

Please & Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 AM

460 posts, read 1,176,510 times
Unless I've forgotten...isin't there newer on-base housing?

Old 07-05-2007, 08:14 AM

After speaking with the housing office I began my search, the waiting list for 3 bedroom (which they require because of my kids age & sex) is TWO YEARS. I about fainted when they told me.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 AM

Okay...well..plan B...Just a thought..Check a more detailed map(internet or paper), and look at towns in a 360' radius ...maybe up to 20miles out from Drum. Look up on the net any/gov/business links at all....and start calling. Briefly explain your need/situation and ask for any rental possibilities they may know of. There are a # of small towns within this zone. Not a great plan, but....ps: I retired out in 03', so my recollections are about 4yrs out of date.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 AM

ps:...as far north as Gouvernour...east on rt3 as far as Natural Bridge...west as far as Lake Ontario(!)....south to just above Adams Center.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:38 AM

thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York