U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-13-2010, 11:23 AM

1,790 posts, read 921,885 times

Advertisements

MY ASS.

I've lived here three years now and if you ask anyone, with any 'true life' experience here, they'll agree that the only people in this state that get things 'handed' to them are the drug addicts and those that CLAIM to have some sort of mental or physical disability. Good, honest, hard working people get the shaft.

Plattsburgh, is FULL of these types. As I'm sure the rest of New York is as well, due to the people of my same status have told me. The DSS here obviously doesn't have a set guideline for the assistance they give. They make it up as they go. When I was performing 'work experience' as part of my assistance, I worked a few hours in addition to 'job search'. People of the same status worked full-time hours with NO 'job search'. I NEVER received a straight answer from ANYONE at DSS.

So if you've only HEARD how easy things are for people getting assitance and NOT lived the experience... DO NOT elaborate with your PROPAGANDA and INSINUATIONS. Things in this country, let alone this 'state', need a serious overhaul. Priorities need straightened. Not everyone receiving assistance deserves it. But not everyone deserves not too, either. I'm ALL for helping people. But what I've SEEN and LIVED the last three years has given me a great sense of NEEDING to become a very active part of true change and fairness in this country.

Hang on to your hat's.

I'm just very glad to have been working the seasonal position at 45 - 54 hours a week until Dec. 24 so I can reacquire my license and get a driving job after the first of the year. Working is GOOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York