U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-30-2011, 02:46 PM

9 posts, read 12,858 times

Advertisements

True: The New Hartford area is generally expensive by CNY standards--dirt cheap by Cal-NY Metro standards. I believe there are some lower priced homes on Seneca Turnpike--event --god forbid--some trailers.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 02:48 PM

9 posts, read 12,858 times
Area closest to Utica College is good. Whitesboro St. near Psych Ctr horrendous--a terrible shame because much of it is period Canal Town. A few blocks away from Varick St. in any direction alone at nite can be dicey and I'm a big guy.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Status: "Write the vision and make it plain" (set 4 days ago)

31,388 posts, read 37,065,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by august schuyler View Post
True: The New Hartford area is generally expensive by CNY standards--dirt cheap by Cal-NY Metro standards. I believe there are some lower priced homes on Seneca Turnpike--event --god forbid--some trailers.
It has a very good school district as well. Whitesboro is not too far behind and is even more affordable. Clinton has very good schools as well.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,872 times
Thank you everyone. After looking at apartments in all the areas you all mentioned and then some, we finally found a nice home in Rome, NY. A little farther out than I wanted originally but after seeing the places that were available, we decided that farther out was better.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:58 PM

I'm surprised that Whitesboro, Yorkville, NY Mills, Clinton or New Hartford didn't have anything that was at least decent to very nice.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:35 PM

5 posts, read 7,090 times
I live right outside Cornhill, it all depends one your approach on life and how you treat people. I have a gorgeous Victorian home i recently purchased and renovated my neighboors are my security guards they love us and treat us like royalty...even though i am real close to the cornhill line, I dont fear my neighboorhood, I have left to Orlando for vacations 2-3 weeks at a time and NOTHING not even my garbage bins were out of place. I guess it really all depends what kind of family you have...plus just to give you a little food for thought the Utica Schools recieve more grants and fundings and there Magnet programs are excellent compared to the small villages/towns such as new hartford/whitesboro who are cut from funding...Utica can be an awesome place to raise your kids.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:19 PM

Watson Williams and Jones Elementary schools are actually very solid schools and I have heard of good programs in the district.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM

214 posts, read 196,943 times
Utica is a tiny city, the 'ghetto' is only a few blocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York