Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 04:32 AM

105 posts, read 202,983 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to north jersey or the hudson valley maybe something else with 45 minutes to an hour the metro area. I really would like to live in a town where I can get a few acres and a little bit more country style. Are there any towns within 45 minutes to an hour that would allow me to have land for my dogs and maybe getting some other animals? I'm going up soon to check it out so please give me any info you can.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 02:24 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,258,600 times
Metro what??

NYC??

A few acres 45 minutes from the city is gonna cost a buck or two.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:07 PM

92,671 posts, read 122,997,895 times
I'm guessing in saying try southern Orange, Putnam and maybe northern Westchester or Rockland county.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:53 PM

715 posts, read 2,504,135 times
Northern Westchester County...Somers, Shenorock, Lincolndale, North Salem, Croton Falls....all going to be quite expensive. Very large population in small geographical area. Tons of shopping, easy NYC access.

Putnam County...Brewster, Carmel, Mahopac, Garrison, Cold Spring...all going to be quite expensive, but less than Westchester. Lots of shopping available. Easy NYC access via the Hudson or Harlem line.

Dutchess County...Northern Dutchess is quite rural...but you are pushing 2.5 hours from NYC. Still have NYC access via New Hamburg/Poughkeepsie train stations. As for locations in Southern Dutchess that may fit your description: Beacon, Fishkill, Wappingers. Will be expensive, but less so than Putnam.

Orange County...Montgomery, Pine Bush, Washingtonville, Tuxedo, Monroe, Chester, Goshen, Campbell Hall, Maybrook, Walden all via options. 1-1.5 hours from NYC. Easy train access. Lots of shopping available.

No rural locations in Rockland County. MAYBE Suffern or Stony Point.

All depends on your budget. If none of these counties fits your budget, look into Sullivan or Ulster Counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York