U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-25-2011, 07:03 PM

5 posts, read 6,419 times
Default Relocating to Plattsburgh (Rental Question)

Hi,

I am relocating from Louisiana to Plattsburgh with my husband and son. We're looking for a place now since we live so far away and won't be able to see it in person beforehand. I keep looking on Craigslist but there are hardly any updates. I also know about e-zproperties and they don't have anything available. I was wondering if there are any other websites where rentals are listed. I also have checked the local newspaper and again there don't seem to be many options. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 AM

29,115 posts, read 33,123,214 times
What are you looking for? You can try here: Housing

MapsKrieg - Plattsburgh, NY - Apartments, Rooms, Sublets, and Real Estate for Sale

Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 AM

205 posts, read 167,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandsmama View Post
Hi,

I am relocating from Louisiana to Plattsburgh with my husband and son. We're looking for a place now since we live so far away and won't be able to see it in person beforehand. I keep looking on Craigslist but there are hardly any updates. I also know about e-zproperties and they don't have anything available. I was wondering if there are any other websites where rentals are listed. I also have checked the local newspaper and again there don't seem to be many options. Any help would be appreciated.
I googled a lot... and there are threads I found on here where Plattsburgher and another native threw out some apartment names (ill see if i can find some for you) i know i found these links on google... see if these help until i can get more info...

Plattsburgh NY Apartment Rentals Plattsburgh NY Apartments Office Commercial Rentals Plattsburgh NY

Apartments.com | Find Apartments for Rent, Houses, Condos and Townhomes | Rental Listings

Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 AM

Looking for a 2+br for $800 or less. Thanks for those links. I think MapsKrieg is just the Craigslist ads on a map. Any other links? Thanks.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Could you guys also tell me what streets to avoid? Bad neighborhoods, or loud college/downtown areas?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandsmama View Post
Could you guys also tell me what streets to avoid? Bad neighborhoods, or loud college/downtown areas?
look around the forums i know plattsburgher has said... i know they said to avoid the adirondack gardens apartments??? or something like that

***still trying to find the old links ***

***edit**** here's a good one Apartments in Plattsburgh?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM

29,115 posts, read 33,123,214 times
I found this website: Home | Meron Properties

Old 07-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I found this website: Home | Meron Properties
I checked that site out... HUGE help... good to know there are a few pet friendly places up there!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 AM

200 posts, read 333,542 times
Default neighborhoods

No really bad neighborhoods in town. The older sections are a mix of well maintained and some meh houses. Area between campus and downtown has had problems with drunken college kids for years. some nice older neighborhoods on other sides of campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York