U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-29-2011, 01:58 PM

15 posts, read 17,243 times

Advertisements

We have decided to start camping with the little ones this summer...wed like to make it an ever weekend thing every summer etc...so Im looking for some fun places to camp at. Right now we will be tent camping until we graduate to a trailer of some sort. Looking for somewhat an inexpensive area to camp at...electric hook ups isnt a neccessety....

A little about us....hubby and I used to camp at Keuka Lake alot before we had children...we tent camped as well. Actually we camped with 2 of the kids but then when we had baby number 3...I hended up going back to work so camping was out for a while...but now we are ready and we would love to camp again and take our children with us to see the wonderful state of ny

We now have 5 children...ages 8,6, 3,2 and 1. We live in Allegany County so we could really go maby ways with camping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 02:30 PM

31,920 posts, read 37,911,515 times
Perhaps Old Forge, Brennan's Beach, Sandy Pond or maybe one of the state Parks.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:12 PM

694 posts, read 741,894 times
It's not in upstate, it's in PA, but I always loved going here: http://www.alleghenysite.com/cabins/willow-bay
I'm guessing you've already done Allegany SP? If not, you must
Letchworth SP is an absolute must too.. if you haven't been Letchworth State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
If you're only doing weekend camping, you probably need to keep it to a couple hrs from home or less I'm guessing. Plus young kids and long car rides don't always mix
Thanks,
Big D JT

Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 PM

15 posts, read 17,243 times
Forgot to add...we can do about 3-4-5 days at a time....6 or so hours away at a time as well Kids are great in the car actually, LOL. And thanks to both of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York