Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 05:40 AM

2 posts, read 4,885 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a quick question regarding Hopewell Junction. My family is considering a move there from the east end of long island. We currently live in a small town with no retail shops so all our shopping is done in the next town which is about 7 mins away. There we have all the major chains, "big box" stores as well as local "mom & pop" stores. Does Hopewell Junction have a similar shopping situation? We have young children so we appreciate the convenience of having stores close by. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 01:21 PM

263 posts, read 626,109 times
You like all the bix box stores close by, but not to close right, you wont be dissapointed , my suggestion would be to move right across one in Pougheepsie, you would save on outdoor lighting, and your children wont disturb the neighboors.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,476 times
My husband and I live in Hopewell, right near the center of town. We can walk to A&P, CVS, town hall, library, several banks & restaurants, deli/butcher shop -- everything you need. And the "big box" stores including BJ's and a huge mall (Poughkeepsie Galleria) are about 15 minutes away. We absolutely love it here - we have wonderful neighbors and a great community. A close friend of ours is the town historian, so we get all the stories about the history. I'd highly recommend it if you want to live there!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:13 AM

35 posts, read 121,339 times
The Village of Hopewell Junction has a few local shops & restaurants, but other than hardware stores, drug stores and food stores there aren't any major national department stores. You'll need a car to get to major retail stores. The nearest mall is a few miles away on Route 9 in the Town of Poughkeepsie. (not the city) There are also national stores, including Walmart and Sam's Club in Fishkill off Route 9 plus there's restaurants all along Route 9 from I-84 north to Poughkeepsie. There's a BJ's membership warehouse discount store in Wappinger Falls along route 9 too.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,885 times
Thank you Wellonheels and SCVDon for taking your time to share your knowledge with us! We appreciate your intelligent, informative and helpful perspective. It's people such as yourselves that make these forums beneficial to all. Hopewell Junction sounds like a beautiful area- I wish you the best!

Old 06-19-2012, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,349 times
Hi
I just visited Hopewell Junction and the surrounding areas, in search of a place to open a small business. How do you feel the hamlet's reception would be, and support of, a small, independent start up serving retail craft beers and regional food items to go, with the possibility to stay for a taste or a glass as well?

My dream to relocate North of NYC is starting to form. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks

Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 PM

35 posts, read 121,339 times
There's a lot of interest in good food in the area since the CIA campus is in Hyde Park. Can't say just how any new store would do, I guess it all depends upon location etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York