U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:28 PM

4 posts, read 109,098 times

Advertisements

We thought we would make the move from upstae NY to NC. Wrong move . We have only been here for four months and want OUT!!
the poeple are mean and rude . the schools are strict and there is little or no laughter. the summers are so hot you want to die. The healthe insurance costs us $876 per month!!!!!! and my husband works for the state of NC. The cops hate NY's/ Most women here are form Long island and are heavy sedation to just live here since they can not afford to move back. I have been called a (liscene NY) f -New Yorker by a cop and atm teller. We live in Cary!!!
The southers really hate new yorkers. AND THE Snakes Oh the snakes are all over!!! The kids are rude and arrougant. No one is friendly NO ONE!! the only ones that are friedly are the southerns that take your money . just like BUSH!!! the neighborhood we live in is park village. Looks nice from the outside but BEWARE!!!! AND the cost of living here (if you are form upstatre) is outragous!
I hate it here. We are moveing back asap!
goingback to NY

Old 09-24-2006, 08:35 PM

2,314 posts, read 252,402 times
ok whatever. First post and this rant. Makes you want to say mmmmm.....

Old 09-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Lax

58 posts, read 321,264 times
Apparently when you move to North Carolina you lose all ability to spell correctly.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:53 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,402,831 times
Well, I agree with your general point; that too many people from New York are moving to NC and NY is really a great place and that NC is overrated, but yearh, the rest is a rant. I am also making the return to Upstate NY after almost 12 years in NC; but I wouldn't say that there are "no nice people in NC" or anything like that. It's true that a lot of southerners are bitter about Northern transplants coming in; but it's not all of them. I understand your stress 100% and have felt the same way for a long time...... but take it down a couple of notches.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:30 PM

2,295 posts, read 221,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbackhome View Post
We thought we would make the move from upstae NY to NC. Wrong move . We have only been here for four months and want OUT!!
the poeple are mean and rude . the schools are strict and there is little or no laughter. the summers are so hot you want to die. The healthe insurance costs us $876 per month!!!!!! and my husband works for the state of NC. The cops hate NY's/ Most women here are form Long island and are heavy sedation to just live here since they can not afford to move back. I have been called a (liscene NY) f -New Yorker by a cop and atm teller. We live in Cary!!!
The southers really hate new yorkers. AND THE Snakes Oh the snakes are all over!!! The kids are rude and arrougant. No one is friendly NO ONE!! the only ones that are friedly are the southerns that take your money . just like BUSH!!! the neighborhood we live in is park village. Looks nice from the outside but BEWARE!!!! AND the cost of living here (if you are form upstatre) is outragous!
I hate it here. We are moveing back asap!
goingback to NY

Take your money like Bush?

Old 09-25-2006, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 103,451 times
Interestingly enough I have lived in Cary NC for 5 yrs and am coincidering moving to upstate NY. Does anyone know what are good villages to look into? Thanks !!! I have got three boys and want to make the right decision.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 AM

104 posts, read 412,498 times
That doesn't sound fun, but remember there are reasons you moved away from NY in the first place, right? It's easy to feel nostalgia for where you grew up and used to live, but if it was perfect, you'd not have left in the first place.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 AM

480 posts, read 2,075,532 times
People don't know how good they had it until it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilliams View Post
That doesn't sound fun, but remember there are reasons you moved away from NY in the first place, right? It's easy to feel nostalgia for where you grew up and used to live, but if it was perfect, you'd not have left in the first place.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:08 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,402,831 times
^ Amen. Who says you can't go home?

Old 09-25-2006, 04:17 PM

867 posts, read 2,551,316 times
ehhh...

To each their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York