Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 AM

129 posts, read 235,209 times

Advertisements

Stick to getting a Herkimer Diamond instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 AM

18,981 posts, read 16,811,780 times
The OP said "supposedly ten minutes from Kerhonkson and near Ellenville" not in Ellenville. My query was for more than the general geographic location.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:36 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,794,342 times
When I put "Diamond City, NY" in NETR Historic Aerials, the hamlet of Bouckville NY comes up. At the crossroads of Crow Hill Road and Forward Road. I'm not sure if that means anything, but Historic Aerials is my go-to page when I need to find a really obscure hamlet / village that is no longer on any map. So, maybe there is something to it.

Like this, for example:

http://goo.gl/maps/maIQY

I'm guessing its a pre- WWII town name...

Old 11-23-2013, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 6,995 times
Default dymond city huh

i Know Exactly Where Dymond City Is.. In Fact I Live There.. All These Stories Are True, And If You Tresspass Up Here We Mite Have You For Dinner.. So Stay away

Old 01-28-2014, 03:15 PM

4 posts, read 12,535 times
Default Dymond City

First of all it us spelled Dymond, NOT diamond. I should know, I grew up in Dymond City. I lived there until I was 25. No there is not an old man in a rocking chair sitting in the middle of the road, no there was not a state trooper buried in his car, the "if you don't go in, you don't cone out" is a bunch of b.s..............unless you are an a$$hole, or scumbag that starts crap with my family, you will be just fine. Oh, and for the people that are on here claiming to live there, and say all this crap is true, is just some retard running their mouth. Go to bing maps and look up Dymond road grahamsville N.Y. 12740. It is a 1 mile dead end road.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,570 times
you people really need to grow up. first of all the spelling in incorrect. the correct spelling is Dymond, and i should know because i am one. there is no one in a chair with a gun and there has never been a cop buried in his car. idiots like you are why these very untrue stories are still going around. and if you really lived around here you would know better. try again jerks, go and bother someone else.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:18 PM

3 posts, read 7,247 times
Truth is, it is real 100% real. i would know my family are the ones who built it and one day i hope i take over it but they dont sit in chairs with shot guns or burned cars or anything most story's are not true. Nobody needs to know where it is for my family is vary protect full about that place and everyone in it. I love my family with all there heart and after all those storys they will be liveing legends. You never know what will happen next with them. I Dymond city will live on and on forever and years to come. But dont worry about where it is thats why its in the woods and sticks. So nobody can take it away from us my family live in peace and there happy so please go find someone else's family to bother. But it you were smart you would just leave it alone.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,566 times
Dymond city is on the other side of the roundout res. Don't believe all the folklore stories that are told.the Symonds are a great bunch of people,and would do anything for you if you were in trouble...they respect their land,as anyone would do! And ellenville may be a depressed area now,but it is only because of today's economy.we take what we get,and try to make it better...we are not all born with the silver spoon in our mouths!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,570 times
You're all morons! It's Dymond City in Sundown! I grew up only a quarter mile from Dymond Road, and married into "the family". They were just honest, hard working, good ol' boys who liked to hunt and raise a little hell. The stories worked in keeping most idiots out so that their peace wasn't disturbed. Unfortunately some do disturb the peace. A few months ago a green Volkswagen peeled through, middle fingers in the air screaming obscenities, they could have hurt someone. If they did, they would have been sorry.
But hey, we know how to hunt, have guns and a whole big mountain to bury your body! Mwah ha ha!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiilock View Post
Hubby and I heard a TOTAL Deliverance story about a place in Upstate NY - supposedly ten minutes from Kerhonkson and near Ellenville called "Diamond City". Supposedly you go in but never come out. The guy told us about how a state trooper was found buried in his car there. Said it was WAY WAY worse than Ellenville. Now, who knows if this is true - I tried Googling it a number of ways but nothing comes up.

Anyone know any local legend? Is there truth to this?
First of all it's DYMOND city and it's in sundown and yeh if you don't belong there don't go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York