Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 PM

6 posts, read 15,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymondcitygirl87 View Post
Anything is possible. The Dymond family is a large one!! I remember meeting new relatives like once a month growing up. Lol

By chance do you know where your Dymond family were from originally? Maybe their nationality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 06:48 PM

Default Dymond/Diamond surnamd and Dymond City NY

Hi! I know I am new here but can I not get some responce from any one other than one person that said we may be related and he or she met one new member of the family about once a month???
I am very interested if I am a member of this family or not!! I want nothing from the family!! I would just like to know are you family or are you Not family!! I do not think that is too much to ask! Or is it??

Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Has everyone stopped posting?? Maybe I am not doing something right to get a responce from this site? Thanks! Lefty Lou

Old 03-16-2014, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 7,040 times
what is your Name and what is your parents Name is your last name DYMOND, OR wright ,WARREN

Old 03-16-2014, 04:30 PM

WE WERE FROM THE HUDSON WE ARE WAPPENGER INDIANS mY GREAT GRAND FATHER WAS PURDY DYMOND AND HE WAS MARRIED TO SARA PAMAROY. tHEY HAD MANY KIDS AND THEN MY GRANDFATHER ISSACC DYMOND MARRID BERTHA WRIGHT AND THEY LIVED ON A FARM ON DYMOND ROAD AFTER LEAVING THE DELAWARE AREA .

Old 03-16-2014, 04:45 PM

Dymond road is in sundown ny in the town of denning and it is breath taking with it's rolling mountains and yes there was always a legend of dymond city and it was mostly true back in the 1800's but today in the 2000's wolrd it is breath taking land in the catskills.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:10 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Anyway whoever said there's nothing on the internet about these legends is correct. I just googled "Diamond City NY" and "Dymond City NY" and nothing. However, there is a horror legend about a Dymond City Rd in North Carolina.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,169 times
Dymond City had about 50 or more family members living in shacks in the 1950 and 60's. They were very hard working people who had very little in life. They had each other. They lived in Sullivan county the kids went to Grahamsville school district. I was raised about 7 miles from Dymond City. I lived in Ulster county. They were not harmful people they just were extremely poor, however if you needed help they were there for neighbors. My mother had a used clothing store every back to school they would buy the kids clothes from my mother's YE OLD BARN clothing store. I was about 9yrs old back then. They lived like a commune in they're own little world. Ellenville was about 20 miles from where they lived,

Old 06-20-2014, 05:21 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Anyway whoever said there's nothing on the internet about these legends is correct. I just googled "Diamond City NY" and "Dymond City NY" and nothing. However, there is a horror legend about a Dymond City Rd in North Carolina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeagerville View Post
Dymond City had about 50 or more family members living in shacks in the 1950 and 60's. They were very hard working people who had very little in life. They had each other. They lived in Sullivan county the kids went to Grahamsville school district. I was raised about 7 miles from Dymond City. I lived in Ulster county. They were not harmful people they just were extremely poor, however if you needed help they were there for neighbors. My mother had a used clothing store every back to school they would buy the kids clothes from my mother's YE OLD BARN clothing store. I was about 9yrs old back then. They lived like a commune in they're own little world. Ellenville was about 20 miles from where they lived,
I'll be damned but there IS a Dymond Rd, Kerhonkson NY on Google Maps, just where Yeagerville said it was! Dymond Rd comes off Hidden Trails Rd, and there are a few small roads there, looks like a tiny village.

Oh cool, there are pictures on the Google Map, click on a thingy at the bottom ...... I don't see a recliner in the road. Some trailers but also nice houses.

Last edited by Woof; 06-20-2014 at 05:47 PM..

Old 06-21-2014, 04:46 PM

3 posts, read 8,374 times
Perhaps the story is a variant of Jack Diamond gangster from the thirties. Big in the Catskills during this time. I'm new here so hopefully the link below will work.

5 O'Clock world

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Diamond_(gangster[/url])
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York