Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,341 times

Advertisements

Years ago I was working a rally race up near Ellenville, NY.

Someone told me a story of a town called Dymond in which most of the citizens are related and named Dymond, They said outsiders were not welcome and even the state police didn't go there unless there was a serious crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 01:24 AM

88 posts, read 86,787 times
Sundown is on the back way between Oliverea and Bethel, isn't it?

Old 03-24-2016, 08:23 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosports View Post
Years ago I was working a rally race up near Ellenville, NY.

Someone told me a story of a town called Dymond in which most of the citizens are related and named Dymond, They said outsiders were not welcome and even the state police didn't go there unless there was a serious crime.
Stop spreading rumors. The Dymonds seem like large family that have long-time roots in the area. They have a Facebook page and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary on it. They're like any other family. Its time to stop pitting people against other people.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,445 times
Default Dymonds are real

I can't believe I stumbled on to this thread. The last time I was up Dymond Mountain, the Miklases owned the store in Sundown (when it still existed), and my father drove the school bus route up Dymond Road. The stories existed then too. Most are crap, but it was always a private place, as are most people's backyards. I went to school with Diamonds or Dymonds at Tri-Valley. Truth is, many were smart, and just happened to live up the mountain... Which describes many families in and around Grahamsville. As with everyplace in the country, some rural residents were poor, and some did ok. Very few were wealthy. I suspect it is much the same today. The entire area is still very rural, and to me one of the most beautiful places in the country. Most people work hard to scrape out a living in an area with few jobs and a lot of protected land. Haters on the thread should just refrain. Anyone who lived around Grahamsville from 1973 to 1977, hello. I was there only a short time, but will always consider it one of my homes.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,083 times
Its actually Dymond City... not Diamond City. Its a family in that area that passed on land to family members for years and years. We were actually just up there a few weeks ago. (that area). There is actually a sign that posts Dymond Rd. It's between Kerhonkson and Neversink.. not far from the Rondout Reservoir, kind of close to that swimming hole people go to visit. Didn't travel into "Dymond City" but it is legit.. My family knew some Dymond's from Kerhonkson who didn't acknowledge relationship, but everyone knew they were...

Why would you want to go there is my question ? just leave em' alone...

Old 05-31-2019, 04:38 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Most of these stories about scary inbreds living up forested lanes are the simply the result of poor, rural people living in remote areas reacting to dimwits from the city and suburbs going up their roads to gawk at and taunt them.

Many of these small communities are populated by remnants of NYS's Native American population with some escaped slave and white admixture.

People thinking of going up to Dymond City or Oniontown in order to stare at people and disrespect them, then scream, roll up the windows, and drive away laughing and cackling at the "inbreds", consider that maybe you are the freak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York