Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times

Advertisements

You should see the crowds on the Indian Rez for tax free smokes.

The Oneidas are by far the biggest operation in CNY but they are pretty mainstream. Gas is the same as white stations and smokes ain't that great a deal .

The Rez in Syracuse is totally outlaw. No Red Bull and a Slim Jim crap with them. Its cash only and get out whitey. The parking lot is a ZOO!!!!

The one in Buffalo must be something but I have never been. Crazy cheap prices. Little by little everyone I know, including me, is getting a Buffalo connection. I'd like to see this operation myself someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Some nice informative posts on this thread, especially from Grdnrman and Ckthankgod (as always). Unfortunately, I cannot rate you guys up because I "have to spread it around" lol.

As for this thread, both states are in my top three (along with Virginia). But my opinion of one day actually living in Pennsylvania has taken a hit with all this fracking. Somewhere here on City-Data I think I read that until recently it was okay to frack a well as close as 100 feet from a public drinking supply! Only 100 feet!!!.

New York of course will probably also have some fracking, at the very least in the Southern Tier. Hopefully New York will learn a few lessons from some of the other states that already have it.

This is not to say to the OP that he should rule out all of rural and small town PA. Just be careful to do your research.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,780,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
But my opinion of one day actually living in Pennsylvania has taken a hit with all this fracking. Somewhere here on City-Data I think I read that until recently it was okay to frack a well as close as 100 feet from a public drinking supply! Only 100 feet!!!.
That's changed to 1,000 feet, unless there already is a gas well within the 1,000 foot radius, even when the water in the public well was proved to have been interrupted when the gas well was drilled the gas company can receive a permit to drill another well on the same pad. Sorta like the definition of rape under the Taliban if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinjersey View Post
at the first gas station over the PA border from NYS. Cigarettes taxed $4.35 in NYS vs $1.60 in PA (pack of 20) and gas taxed 49.0 cents/gallon in NYS vs 32.2 cents/gallon in PA.
Yes.... but I bet the gas station on the NY side had BEER (with a nickel deposit per can...)

Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM

4 posts, read 4,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
That's changed to 1,000 feet, unless there already is a gas well within the 1,000 foot radius, even when the water in the public well was proved to have been interrupted when the gas well was drilled the gas company can receive a permit to drill another well on the same pad. Sorta like the definition of rape under the Taliban if you ask me.

Yes.... but I bet the gas station on the NY side had BEER (with a nickel deposit per can...)
Yes but I'm sure the beer cost more at the gas station than at a beer distributor here in PA.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Prices will depend a lot on where you are ... but in my experience, not true at all

not to mention it's great being able to buy under a case ..... a 6 pack from a gas station or grocery store is a lot less than a 6 pack from a deli or bar

Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 PM

18 posts, read 46,482 times
Nah, stay away from both..I would suggest MA or MI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York