Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:07 PM

15 posts, read 14,382 times

Advertisements

You rock!!!! I'll take a look. Those links u sent me were VERY helpful and we actually found some really nice apartments. I'll be contacting them tomorrow and the jobs, , that's xactly what we were looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,515,918 times
Please don't move anywhere unless you have a job lined up unless you have at least one year's worth of savings you can live off of. I say this because I've seen numerous people move without jobs lined up and not find one for a long time. They end up miserable and blame others for their lack of preparing.

Oh and NY is a great state! I moved back after living in SC for 2 1/2 years. I love having 4 seasons and water again!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 PM

Hi ss,
Thank u and ur right n as we speak, I have already put my application out there on Syracuse. I have a job that would possibly move up there however I never put all my eggs on one bag. Again, one thing I have is mustard seed faith n I KNOW, everything will work out n we will be ok.....but thank u for ur comment.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstasha View Post
Hi ss,
Thank u and ur right n as we speak, I have already put my application out there on Syracuse. I have a job that would possibly move up there however I never put all my eggs on one bag. Again, one thing I have is mustard seed faith n I KNOW, everything will work out n we will be ok.....but thank u for ur comment.
I just hate to see you end up miserable if you relocate without a job. I've seen soooooooooo many people on here do it. Many don't even look to see what's available before moving. They'll have experience in one thing and move to an area that doesn't have that at all. Then they'll come on here and yell at us for not telling them about the problems encounter. Some never ask before they move and some just completely ignore the advice. I say don't move anywhere without a job lined up not just NY. Good luck! NY is a gorgeous state which offers so much for everyone!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM

And I completely understand exactly what you said and one thing I've been doing is researching areas n actually CKH has been a blessing because everything that has been given, I've been looking into n reaching out. I've always believed to research, research, research and I live by that. Now once I'm empowered with the info I have, then I will make the necessary moved and I will NEVER yell at any of u because of a downfall, its not ur fault and I apologia for whoever did! Thank u ka again for ur comment.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
And I completely understand exactly what you said and one thing I've been doing is researching areas n actually CKH has been a blessing because everything that has been given, I've been looking into n reaching out. I've always believed to research, research, research and I live by that. Now once I'm empowered with the info I have, then I will make the necessary moved and I will NEVER yell at any of u because of a downfall, its not ur fault and I apologia for whoever did! Thank u ka again for ur comment.
CKH is AWESOME! He has so much knowledge and a link for everything under the sun. He helped me a lot when I was relocating back to NY.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM

92,097 posts, read 122,294,404 times
Thanks a lot guys and I appreciate the complements. If you have anymore questions, just ask, as there are people on here willing to help.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 01-17-2013 at 10:05 AM..

Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM

No thank u sir!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM

CKH,
Have you heard of Rugby Square apartments? Brook Manor apartments? Vincent Apartments? What would you say about them? Are they located in a decent safe area?

Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 PM

92,097 posts, read 122,294,404 times
Quote:
CKH,
Have you heard of Rugby Square apartments? Brook Manor apartments? Vincent Apartments? What would you say about them? Are they located in a decent safe area?
You should be fine at Rugby Square and Brook manor. Both are close to Shop City Plaza with Rugby Square just inside of Syracuse city limits and Brook manor is down the street in Lyncourt(town of Salina). Vincent Apartments are in an alright area, but they are older looking and there are quite a few college students there, as it is close to the University.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York