Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc2290 View Post
True, ck. I have been looking into Peekskill but I am getting really mixed reviews about the town. Ossining would be cool but it seems like it's out of our price range (looking to spend $1500/month in rent with a dog).

One good thing is that my parents are able to drive over there this weekend to check out the area, so we are going to give them a list of places so they can visit/take pictures. Right now I am thinking of having them take a look at:

[LIST][*]Peekskill[*]Stony Point[*]Highland Falls[*]Monroe/Harriman[*]Washingtonville[*]Cornwall[/LIST]I will try to post the photos here for other readers assuming they get some good ones!

I know this is an old post but in similar situation...........what areas did you find were best? We are finding most places won't allow a larger dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krc2290 View Post
[FONT=Georgia]Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance for your replies!

My boyfriend just found out that he got a job transfer to West Point, NY. He does not have a report date yet but it will be sometime in the next few months. I grew up in Connecticut and currently live in Idaho, so I am excited to move "home". However, I never really visited the West Point area extensively while I lived there. I have a few questions/concerns:

[/FONT][LIST][*][FONT=Georgia]In your opinion, what are the most affordable towns to live in in that area that are also safe?[/FONT][*][FONT=Georgia]I know all about the high cost of living over there since I grew up nearby, so I am hoping to start working there as soon as possible. I know that is a tall order in this job market/economy. I currently work in a school district office in administration, but I also have extensive experience in forensics and disaster relief. Any advice on where to focus my job search efforts? I know it could take a while so I plan on starting my hunt ASAP.
[/FONT][*][FONT=Georgia]We have one dog, a friendly lab mix, who will be coming with us. Any tips on pet-friendly housing in this area?[/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Georgia]Any other cool or informative advice is greatly appreciated, too! Thanks.
[/FONT]
I know this is an older post but we are in a similar situation. Can you give any information as to what you found? We are having a hard time finding an apartment that will allow a larger sized dog for under $1500.00.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2021, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,488 times
curious how have these areas changed, any updates on areas near WP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York