Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Texas is not turning blue. Hispanics are like any other ethnic group. When they first get here they tend to vote Democrat. The second and especially the third generations assimilate (like any other group the third generation can barely speak any of their grandparents language) are more likely to vote Republican. And in the case of Hispanics, they have a very low voter participation rate.

Don't see what Democrats offer to Hispanics that is so special to them, other than pandering. Hispanics come from a dozen different countries, have different accents, culture and outlooks. A peasant from El Salvador and a businessman from Mexico have very little in common (yes, they speak Spanish and their last names might both be Gomez).

But the message from Democrats I always here to Hispanics (and blacks and others), is "vote for us, because without us your lives will be miserable under the Republicans who can't stand you. Enough already.
Puerto Ricans have been in NYC for more than three generations and they largely vote Democratic. Ditto for Mexicans in California. I have lived in Hispanic communities in both states. There is no overwhelming trend for third generation Hispanics to become Republican.

Even Florida turned purple in part because of the Hispanic vote,

Old 07-04-2015, 09:06 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,445,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Again, not in the same context. South Carolina officially flew the confederate flag on it's state property for decades. The confederate flag is used by white hate groups and is deliberately meant to symbolize the pre civil war South. Groups like the KKK use it.

I have never heard of Russian or Italian gunmen walking into a black church and killing 9 people. South Carolina had a long history of violence against Black churches.
Why do blacks prosecute violent crimes against whites, so often, then? The ratio is somewhere in the neighborhood of 26:1, blacks prosecuting violent crimes against whites, vs. the other way around.

Quote:
Currently in NYC (I live and I am from here) I am going to say that these days Blacks do not fear going into Russian or Italian neighborhoods. Actually NYC has very few Italian neighborhoods left. This isn't the 80s, and your view of NYC seems to be stuck then.

I will give SC credit, after this slaughter in the church during an election year leading Republicans and state officials finally prepare to take down the confederate flag and they finally admit it is a symbol of racism and oppression.
Go ahead and paint a wide brush, you statist tool.

New York City is the most racist city in the United States, period. Everyone I know from there and over into Long Island admits such.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:49 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Why do blacks prosecute violent crimes against whites, so often, then? The ratio is somewhere in the neighborhood of 26:1, blacks prosecuting violent crimes against whites, vs. the other way around.

Go ahead and paint a wide brush, you statist tool.

New York City is the most racist city in the United States, period. Everyone I know from there and over into Long Island admits such.

Present the government statistics please. And to answer your question I am neither a psychologist nor a sociologist.

NYC is not the most racist city in the US. Utter garbage. It has people of all races from all around the world, something that an inbred moron from the wilderness cannot comprehend or deal with. Obviously all these people from all around the world don't find NYC racist or they wouldn't be coming here and living here.

NYC is all about the money with fortunately prices out riff raff like you.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:28 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,536,583 times
Quote:
Present the government statistics please. And to answer your question I am neither a psychologist nor a sociologist.

NYC is not the most racist city in the US. Utter garbage. It has people of all races from all around the world, something that an inbred moron from the wilderness cannot comprehend or deal with. Obviously all these people from all around the world don't find NYC racist or they wouldn't be coming here and living here.

"something that an inbred moron from the wilderness cannot comprehend or deal with."

Watch it, down-stater. That was uncalled for.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:28 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,945,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
"something that an inbred moron from the wilderness cannot comprehend or deal with."

Watch it, down-stater. That was uncalled for.
He sounds like the world's most entitled brat. I bet his parents would be appalled.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:38 PM

105 posts, read 106,306 times
Quote:
Ouch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York