Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 05:52 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,081,937 times

Advertisements

The Bills have cancelled their Toronto game this year due to lack of Canadian support. Why not play a game is the Syracuse dome? As the Bills suck so much taxpayer money from all over the state, why don't they regionalize? Talk of a new stadium in Buffalo is just ridiculous. "The Bills" could have a potential fan base of 4 million people instead if 1.1 million for the "Buffalo" Bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM

93,166 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
The Bills have cancelled their Toronto game this year due to lack of Canadian support. Why not play a game is the Syracuse dome? As the Bills suck so much taxpayer money from all over the state, why don't they regionalize? Talk of a new stadium in Buffalo is just ridiculous. "The Bills" could have a potential fan base of 4 million people instead if 1.1 million for the "Buffalo" Bills.
It would be nice if they played at the Carrier Dome. I don't know if the seating capacity would be enough in order for the Bills to play a regular season game there though.

I think the support for the team is regional currently stretching from CNY into Southern Ontario and NW Pennsylvania.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:05 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It would be nice if they played at the Carrier Dome. I don't know if the seating capacity would be enough in order for the Bills to play a regular season game there though.

I think the support for the team is regional currently stretching from CNY into Southern Ontario and NW Pennsylvania.
The Steelers actually encroach into the Southern Tier, according to this map, and the Bills are pretty solidly western NY. In a sense, I hope this map isn't all that accurate, because my favorite team, the Jets, have the smallest geographical area of any NFL team, by far:

Facebook Data Provide The Most Accurate NFL Fandom Map Ever Created

Crazy to see the Steelers in OR, NC and SC, and Green Bay in Alaska.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM

270 posts, read 468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
The Steelers actually encroach into the Southern Tier, according to this map, and the Bills are pretty solidly western NY. In a sense, I hope this map isn't all that accurate, because my favorite team, the Jets, have the smallest geographical area of any NFL team, by far:

Interesting map! Thanks for sharing. It is wonderful how you always back up your statements with a source rather than some who would make up information from thin air. You are right about the Steeler's presence in the Southern Tier rather than the Bills. As difficult as it is to agree with what you just said because I see Bills practice in my town all the time and I want to see them do well.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleggera View Post
Interesting map! Thanks for sharing. It is wonderful how you always back up your statements with a source rather than some who would make up information from thin air. You are right about the Steeler's presence in the Southern Tier rather than the Bills. As difficult as it is to agree with what you just said because I see Bills practice in my town all the time and I want to see them do well.
I root for the Bills whenever they aren't playing the Jets. That's a bit counter-intuitive since they're in the same division, but I love the underdog. Giants over Eagles too but I'm not a NFC fan.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:

I'm sure that the Steelers dominate All of Western PA, but you do get some people from NW PA that go to the Bills games and WFFN out of Erie and WBRR out of Bradford carries Bills games: Radio Network | Buffalo Bills

So, there seems to be a bit of a following in that area of PA.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I root for the Bills whenever they aren't playing the Jets. That's a bit counter-intuitive since they're in the same division, but I love the underdog. Giants over Eagles too but I'm not a NFC fan.
It is wonderful to see a respectable member like you who is not biased especially when people are talking about sports!!

Those minute amount of people from SW PA can afford to go to the Bills game due the property taxes saving by living in Pa versus NY (just kidding....).

Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
It is wonderful to see a respectable member like you who is not biased especially when people are talking about sports!!

Those minute amount of people from SW PA can afford to go to the Bills game due the property taxes saving by living in Pa versus NY (just kidding....).
Do you know who the QB is for the Bills without looking it up? Just curious......

Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Do you know who the QB is for the Bills without looking it up? Just curious......
Have you been to Bills games in the skybox? Do you live in Rochester or have you been to their practice in Pittsford?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Have you been to Bills games in the skybox? Do you live in Rochester or have you been to their practice in Pittsford?
So, you aren't going to answer the question......No big deal. Just wondering if you really have an interest in the sport or team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York