Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 PM

1 posts, read 738 times

Advertisements

Imagine working most your adult life for city, state, even private sector!, and not be no where near retirement age!!& unable to perform the work, duties or field you've been trained in due to permanent injury! suddenly trying to live off a fraction of your monthly earnings unable to keep up with the fast competitive life of the city!! finished with raising all four of your now adult children!! having never able to set up retirement funds, pension nor 401k! having had 5 surgeries!!and no longer feeling a semi healthy 51 year old due to two of those surgeries as a result of early detect cancer!!& overcoming all those feats as single black mother!! all but where can I live to regain my independence & integrity?? should I take my victories and celebrate or should I die in low income housing with the roaches & the rats treated as underground citizens just because u had no choice but to raise your four children in city housing only because it ensured a roof, food & decent clothing & health insurance & no welfare for your family the honor in that is when your children successfully make it out on their own your left to die there!!? NO THATS THE HIPOCRACY OF THIS DEMOCRACTIC POOR EXCUSE OF A NATION & GREATEST METROPOLIST IN THE WORLD!!!!! is we have a tendency to save the world & not our own when they've run they're course & hands are tied being limited to choices at the least to decide what geographics they can live out affordabily what's left of they're lives!! & not loose a red cent of they're now under minium wage monthly income, substandard income!!only wanting to live in orange county, in a townhome in a decent community amongst their peers! without worry of the cost of living ravaging their lives or whats left of it!! someone out there!!!please respond & tell me I have a choice!!& navigate me to it!! cause im dying daily before my appointed time, not knowing what that choice is for such a small request!! keep in mind I didn't spend tax payers money to provide for my family I paid taxes too!& deserve at least a choice!!& at most a way to it!!& im not asking for a handout !! just a way out!!! sincerely ms. singleton,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York