Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:21 AM

93,164 posts, read 123,783,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Actually, I meant NJ. I realize that most apartments don't cost $1200 a month in Upstate.

I don't believe that I ever said where I lived in NC, beside the town. Are you sure it was me you're referring to?
Just that portion, as I wasn't clear about the location or where that occurs. The apartment I lived in was more like the NC apartment that you were referring to. It sounds very similar to Radisson in the Baldwinsville area or Riverton in Henrietta. I believe that Gananda is similar as well.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 05-01-2014 at 07:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 07:44 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Just that portion, as I wasn't clear about the location or where that occurs. The apartment I lived in was more like the NC apartment that you were referring to.
Are you referring to Clayton Manor?

Old 05-01-2014, 07:51 AM

368 posts, read 830,917 times
Easy living is what I miss about Colorado and Arizona. It is tough here, no doubt.
One more article to make me REAL depressed..................
Great Lakes ice cover from brutal winter could lead to a chilly summer | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
this maybe the year without a summer................
Sounds like I am going to have to get in the car sometime and search for some heat.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TughillTina View Post
Easy living is what I miss about Colorado and Arizona. It is tough here, no doubt.
One more article to make me REAL depressed..................
Great Lakes ice cover from brutal winter could lead to a chilly summer | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
this maybe the year without a summer................
Sounds like I am going to have to get in the car sometime and search for some heat.
A close relative of mine sold his property in Chenango County and moved down South. His email address is ezlivin@...

When I told him I was thinking of NYS as a place to live, he basically told me what a hard life it was up there, and he wished he moved South 30 years ago. From rising taxes, to broken old homes and no ROI, from worrying about heating oil prices and every single dollar, it was always a struggle.

He grew up in the City and hearing the idea of living there again was like listening to nails on a chalkboard. It wasn't even a thought to be entertained.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Are you referring to Clayton Manor?
Yes, which actually added apartment buildings after I left and they built a new complex up the road. Amenities weren't as extensive, but it was nice, clean, quiet, in a good location and I met a nice range of people.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Yes, which actually added apartment buildings after I left and they built a new complex up the road. Amenities weren't as extensive, but it was nice, clean, quiet, in a good location and I met a nice range of people.
Yeah, that place seemed ok when I saw it. I don't know if I'd compare it to the places in NC, but nonetheless it was alright.

I guess its the sheer multitude of nice places down there vs the few really nice dwellings in the Northeast that highlights the difference for me.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that place seemed ok when I saw it. I don't know if I'd compare it to the places in NC, but nonetheless it was alright.

I guess its the sheer multitude of nice places down there vs the few really nice dwellings in the Northeast that highlights the difference for me.
I'll put it this way, my father compared it to the places in the area of Charlotte where my sister lives. I don't know if it is exact, but I'm thinking similar. I think it is a matter of research and what you can swing as well.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I'll put it this way, my father compared it to the places in the area of Charlotte where my sister lives. I don't know if it is exact, but I'm thinking similar. I think it is a matter of research and what you can swing as well.
I can see a place like The Hammocks at Timberbanks being in the Triangle. In my experience, that's what you'll see a lot of in that area. That is a real nice apartment complex.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I can see a place like The Hammocks at Timberbanks being in the Triangle. In my experience, that's what you'll see a lot of in that area. That is a real nice apartment complex.
Yeah, that is probably the case. Village Green and Radisson are older versions, as those two also have golf courses like The Hammocks at Timberbanks. High Acres, Erie Village, Rivers Pointe and Grenadier Village come to mind to a degree, with some being older, remodeled or newer. Can't forget Suburban Park as well.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 05-01-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM

368 posts, read 830,917 times
Another article kinda along the same lines ..........

Half in Illinois and Connecticut Want to Move Elsewhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York