Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:39 PM

18,850 posts, read 13,745,358 times

Advertisements

Guns without human input can only do three things:

1. Rust.

2. Collect dust.

3. Scare liberals.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:56 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,293,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Guns without human input can only do three things:

1. Rust.

2. Collect dust.

3. Scare liberals.
Genius at work. Seriously. This guy gets it. I am not a huge gun fan, but I understand that the perceived availability of guns contributing to crimes is MORONIC.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,371,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
We exercise indoors and enjoy the sights outdoors at a walking pace. No need to fly by some of the beautiful sights this place has to offer. Many can tolerate the heat though.
Quote:
I am able to tolerate and love the heat and humidity here. The cold in January in NY makes me want to shoot myself in the head with an assault rifle made in South Carolina. I used to be friends with people that liked that, but then I realized they were too different for my liking. Good riddance.
Indoor exercise isn't adequate exercise. No wind resistance, humidity, elements, variable terrain. January in New York isn't even that cold. It almost never dips below zero in New York (unless you are up in altitude). Try the Midwest.

It is no coincidence that the fittest states are cooler climates (Colorado, Minnesota, New York)

Old 05-06-2014, 10:19 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,371,400 times
Quote:
Appreciate the tip. I live down in SC and appreciate the more liberal attitude towards innocent people owning guns. It was funny to hear a Rochester, NY based gun-maker move their operations to Summerville, literally 10 minutes away from where I lived, because of an oppressive State. Feels great. Not a huge gun nut, but I will protest alongside gun-toters for a variety of reasons. Nobody seems to realize that guns don't actually kill people, but idiots do...
Quote:
Genius at work. Seriously. This guy gets it. I am not a huge gun fan, but I understand that the perceived availability of guns contributing to crimes is MORONIC.
Ohhh brother... the "oppressive state" that has rules in place to keep people from acting like total idiots.

I'm not really anti-gun. The second Amendment is cut and dry. However, that doesn't mean it isn't without scrutiny. Guns don't kill people; the idiot kills people when he pulls the trigger. Data is pretty clear: more lenient gun laws have a direct correlation to more idiots with guns. More idiots with guns equals more gun deaths.

Availability of guns has an almost perfect correlation to gun related deaths. It isn't a coincidence that New York City has some of the lowest gun homicide rates for any large (>1 million) Metro, including all the southern pro-gun cities. It is just common sense.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Ohhh brother... the "oppressive state" that has rules in place to keep people from acting like total idiots.

I'm not really anti-gun. The second Amendment is cut and dry. However, that doesn't mean it isn't without scrutiny. Guns don't kill people; the idiot kills people when he pulls the trigger. Data is pretty clear: more lenient gun laws have a direct correlation to more idiots with guns. More idiots with guns equals more gun deaths.

Availability of guns has an almost perfect correlation to gun related deaths. It isn't a coincidence that New York City has some of the lowest gun homicide rates for any large (>1 million) Metro, including all the southern pro-gun cities. It is just common sense.
OMG. This post completely deletes your reputability. No proof exists for any statements you make, in fact, they make you look like a moron. Availability and lenient gun laws have NO direct correlation. Stop paying attention to CNN. It makes you look like an idiot. NO EVIDENCE EXISTS. Post links if you think otherwise. Typical liberal moron, believes anything the media tells him. What an idiot. Try believing what the evidence tells you rather than what some moron with barely a bachelor's degree does.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 AM

92,117 posts, read 122,326,409 times
I don't know how much this is worth, but it may be of interest to some: States With the Most Gun Violence - 24/7 Wall St.

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-07-2014, 08:14 AM

More relevant: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/op...ence.html?_r=0

Alaska is an odd one out, but note the climate of the other 9 listed in the first link.

For the second link, the correlation between gun ownership and rate of gun murders is -0.33, which is nowhere near correlated.

Thanks for the data in support! :-)

Last edited by rorytmeadows; 05-07-2014 at 08:32 AM..

Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 AM

92,117 posts, read 122,326,409 times
Quote:
More relevant: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/op...ence.html?_r=0

Alaska is an odd one out, but note the climate of the other 9 listed in the first link.

For the second link, the correlation between gun ownership and rate of gun murders is -0.33, which is nowhere near correlated.

Thanks for the data in support! :-)
It is? Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

Old 05-07-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
?

Old 05-07-2014, 12:22 PM

2,866 posts, read 3,613,687 times
This one could and did. Not an original born-NYer but lived there 6 years. Glad to be an ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York