Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:25 AM

15 posts, read 123,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaver View Post
I ran up from NYC to OCC
I very nearly passed out when I read that first bit

I'll look to rent as far north in NYC as possible to try and avoid the traffic there.

Driving on the wrong side, with a column shift in NYC.............. Talk about a baptism of fire eh???!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,092,878 times
You would fit right in with the rest of these people LOL!

They don't know how to drive even when they are not yacking on the cell or trying to brew coffee in their car.

i always make DH drive any further south than Harriman on the NYS thruway I am too chicken.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 AM

6 posts, read 33,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt l View Post
What's the quickest/best way to get to Montgomery NY from NYC???

Are there any trains that head up there, if so, where's best to catch it???

Plus, are they regular and what's the time of the last train back to NYC???

Many thanks,

Matt
ADD THE ZIP CODE WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO IT WILL HELP IN DIRECTIONS

Old 02-16-2008, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,482 times
Talking A visit too Orange County Choppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Oh dear why didn't you say so sooner!!!

I went to school with Paul Jr - nice kid, their showroom is just a hop from my parent's house.

If you get the train from NYC (Pennstation) you get up to Beacon. Then you would have to take a cab to Montgomery or drive a rental don't know which you prefer.. cab might be a little expensive.

Basically you take 84 West across the river to exit 5, then get on rte 208 North. About 2 miles up on 208 there is an intersection with 17K, make a right. The OCC shop is right there "Scotts corners" is what the place is called, they have many bikes on display and they are there during lunch time sometimes to sign autographs. There is a little Italian resturant in the shopping plaza, or Chinese take out so you can grab lunch while you are out.

Now if you are planning this very far out you will want to take note, they are in the process (from what I understand) of moving their shop to Newburgh, which is about 8 miles east of their current store - but I don't know when.. or if that is a rumor. So check back in Aug and make sure they have not moved yet...

Let me know if you want to make a weekend of it upstate, there are some things to see and do. You may want to rent a car and see the sites of the Hudson Valley, it is quite historic, Washington's house, West Point, many wineries, you can get a travel guide and browse through. Really neat area!

I can give you some shopping and resturant tips as well so keep me in mind when your trip gets closer.

Hey,

Im from Holland and im going to New York next week. I'm a really big fan of OCC and really wanna pay a visit too the shop/workshop of OCC. I hope you can help mee get some info like, witch train i need to take (Im staying in Manhattan) and what it probebly will cost mee? My parents were against it, but now we can go but i will had too find all info by my self, i really hope you respond! (Im sorry if my English is bad) You can answer on my e-mail too: [EMAIL="Duivel_99@hotmail.com"]Duivel_99@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] thx a lot.

Thx a lot

Greatings Lex

(I hope you have time to answer mee soon, because in a week im already on my way too NY, already thx a lot.)

Last edited by Lexuss; 02-16-2008 at 03:00 PM..

Old 03-24-2008, 04:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,450 times
Default OCC - wanting to visit workshop or showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt l View Post
The reason's quite sad really - I live in Liverpool, UK and will be back over the NYC next september and would like to visit the OCC works/showroom in Montgomery NY whilst i'm over. I know it's only about 70 miles away, but looks like being a bit of a nightmare getting there.

Cheers for all your help so far, I really appreciate it.
Hi Matt: Did you get to go to OCC Choppers Showroom? I am also looking at going there. Taa AS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York