Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York Residents: Who Are You Voting For 2014?
Andrew Cuomo 14 32.56%
Rob Astorino 25 58.14%
Howie Halkins 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:37 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,351,324 times

Advertisements

Democrat: Andrew Cuomo
Republican: Rob Astorino
Green Party: Howie Hawkins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 09:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,986 times
F-k Cuomo! Building a new Tappan Zee Bridge with no funding/financing and no talk about the actual toll price, this guy is not fit to lead NYS

Old 09-21-2014, 11:06 PM

245 posts, read 431,984 times
You shouldn't make the results public. No need to have any users at risk for labeling.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:57 AM

148 posts, read 248,054 times
Caught between Rob and Howie.

Cuomo doesnt deserve another 4

Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
From Hawkins web site:

Quote:
My name is Howie Hawkins. I'm a working Teamster and my running mate, Brian Jones, is a teacher and union member.
New York has the greatest income inequality in the country -- and it has gotten worse under Governor Cuomo's tax breaks for the rich and spending cuts for the rest of us.
I had to laugh -- a union guy with a union member complaining about income inequality. The lion's share of my school district's budget goes to salaries, pensions, and benefits. Heck, our tax bills would be much lower if there were no teachers union. Cuomo's additional retirement tier and 2% tax cap compounded by unfunded mandates to introduce the Common Core into our schools has created hardship for districts which can not tighten their belts any further. Add to that the feds distributing illegal immigrant students who require more ESL instruction and we have a perfect school budget financial storm.

We won't get started on the unionized Suffolk County PD, nor the neighboring well-remunerated Nassau County PD. Heck, there's the layers of local government -- almost all unionized, who like the earlier groups mentioned -- are adding to the ever increasing taxes.

If it keeps up in the direction it has, there will be income inequality between the private sector whose accounts are being depleted paying taxes to support the public unions.

Who will Hawkins be taking votes from: Astorino or Cuomo?

Old 09-23-2014, 06:38 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,589 times
Alfred E. Newman

Old 09-23-2014, 07:02 PM

86 posts, read 206,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
From Hawkins web site:

I had to laugh -- a union guy with a union member complaining about income inequality. The lion's share of my school district's budget goes to salaries, pensions, and benefits. Heck, our tax bills would be much lower if there were no teachers union. Cuomo's additional retirement tier and 2% tax cap compounded by unfunded mandates to introduce the Common Core into our schools has created hardship for districts which can not tighten their belts any further. Add to that the feds distributing illegal immigrant students who require more ESL instruction and we have a perfect school budget financial storm.

We won't get started on the unionized Suffolk County PD, nor the neighboring well-remunerated Nassau County PD. Heck, there's the layers of local government -- almost all unionized, who like the earlier groups mentioned -- are adding to the ever increasing taxes.

If it keeps up in the direction it has, there will be income inequality between the private sector whose accounts are being depleted paying taxes to support the public unions.

Who will Hawkins be taking votes from: Astorino or Cuomo?
I imagine most of Hawkins' votes will be at the expense of Cuomo.

I'm voting for Hawkins.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:22 PM

157 posts, read 347,505 times
While not thrilled with any candidate (surprise, surprise) my vote will go to Astorino.

It's sad that he won't win and we will have to endure another four years of Cuomo.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:35 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
I like Howie, but there is no way in hell I'll help a Republican win.

Cuomo.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:37 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
F-k Cuomo! Building a new Tappan Zee Bridge with no funding/financing and no talk about the actual toll price, this guy is not fit to lead NYS
Cuomo is probably the most skilled politician out there. I think he'll try for president in a few more cycles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York