Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:06 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

It's sort of off odd that he starts of this thread with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingonadream9856 View Post
..... I'm not a religious Jew (I'm secular and a dual US/Israel citizen!)...
Yet in his other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingonadream9856 View Post
Hey there. I'm a single semi-observant Jewish guy. ...
Which is odd since the #1 rule not to break, are the rules related to the Sabbath. Per his time stamp being anywhere in the US or being in Israel would have violated that rule.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:17 PM

8 posts, read 10,010 times
I'm a Hasidic person and identify with the NY Hasidic community that is currently being maligned in this thread. I just want to point out the irony to those who think they are not being Anti Semitic yet are bashing us for "being too large and needing to expand". You criticize and call us Parasites for having low income and allegedly being on the dole. Yet we all know what you would be saying if we made more income than the national average. Nobody here has a problem with Rich Jews? Hmm?

So if we earn too much =Hate
Earn too little =Hate
Make average incomes, but are still "poor" because of having large families=Hate

I don't now how to fully explain the statistic quoted from the news article about Kiryas Joel being so high in poverty. What I can only tell you is that our household budgeting ends up being a completely different kind of calculus than the "typical" non orthodox-jewish American household.

The Typical Hasidic families that I know have an average of 6-9 children. We have to pay private school tuition of at least $5,000 per child per year, k thru 12. Yes 40k in tuition every single year is the NORM. You should be very happy that we dont send our kids to public school, as average public schools cost per pupil is typically around 15k per year. So you are dodging 90-135k per year.

We do not call you Parasites for benifiting from free universal education as that is the norm. Yet we we are criticized from not appearing "normal" on paper. As if everyone in America needs to appear and look the same for everything to be "fair".

The truth is that the more "socialized" America becomes the more any community that is "different" is liable to stick out more as an anomaly-and thus become a primary driver of a revived Antisemitism.

If government would just mind its own business and not give out so many benefits/subsidies we wouldn't be forced to take them!

I say forced because that is exactly what you are if you are taxed at socialized rates and not given any deference for your expense level, and only given minimal tax benefits for having a large family as opposed to no family. Since Obama you are actually taxed at higher rates as a married couple vs single. (200k high tax bracket for single, 250k as a couple, thus higher than it would've been as two singles 400k) Not too mention ever higher property taxes: WHICH WE DON'T BENEFIT FROM BECAUSE OUR KIDS GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOL

The only reprieve we have in this scenario is SOME social benefits that are calculated based on family size even with higher income.

As far as the low average income this can be explained by younger families being incentivized not to earn higher wages for fear of losing the safety net, of medicaid, food stamps etc. If this is true as I suspect it is, they are actually doing the smart thing given their situation and are PREVENTING poverty by making smart financial choices. I also suspect that any so called deficit we are causing is offset by those making stratospheric incomes (the so called rich jews that I'm sure you all love) and are paying taxes accordingly.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:57 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexidoc View Post
I'm a Hasidic person and identify with the NY Hasidic community.....
Since the website is not Kosher, You are not Hasidic, Haredi, Frum or Ultra Orthodox. How do I know this? Because at one time I was FFM and I'm now OTD, so I know the rules extremely well.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:18 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Since the website is not Kosher, You are not Hasidic, Haredi, Frum or Ultra Orthodox. How do I know this? Because at one time I was FFM and I'm now OTD, so I know the rules extremely well.
Can you tell me what those abbreviations stand for? I'm was raised conservative and now I'm back sliding...

As for the other poster I will have to take some time on that response....

Old 01-18-2015, 08:27 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,945,892 times
They're definitely focused upon the "on paper" meme.
What a bunch of frauds.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Just as I expected. This thread is run by a bunch of self hating jews. De shagitz, az di vilst nisht zan frim, di darfst nisht intz alle oisshagitzin.

Real Genuine Goyish Antisemites would have no problem admitting to blatantly hating jews on an anonymous forum. The fact that you guys have to hedge and say: I don't hate jews yada yada, just Hasids, who are parasites yada yada.

Fool! if things turn against us in America, they'll turn for you too.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:47 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,945,892 times
Quote:

If government would just mind its own business and not give out so many benefits/subsidies we wouldn't be forced to take them!
This is my favorite line.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:56 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Just as I expected. This thread is run by a bunch of self hating jews. De shagitz, az di vilst nisht zan frim, di darfst nisht intz alle oisshagitzin.

Real Genuine Goyish Antisemites would have no problem admitting to blatantly hating jews on an anonymous forum. The fact that you guys have to hedge and say: I don't hate jews yada yada, just Hasids, who are parasites yada yada.

Fool! if things turn against us in America, they'll turn for you too.
Who you calling a shagitz you mamzer!

Old 01-18-2015, 08:59 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,796,865 times
Quote:
The Typical Hasidic families that I know have an average of 6-9 children.
How many would they have if the government closed the welfare spigot?

Quote:
We have to pay private school tuition of at least $5,000 per child per year, k thru 12.
Your children have to do nothing of the kind. They can attend the public schools like everyone else.

I know. Nazi! Nazi!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkeyM View Post
This is my favorite line.
If you had any understanding of economics you would appreciate this line for what it is. As a whole people respond pragmatically to the choices they are given. If you create a situation where people are better off taking help, they will take it. If, in order to overcome the inequities and burdens of having a lot of children, you need to make 120,000 a year. Until you are in a career that you can foresee making that amount you are better off making 40,000, because free health insurance and food stamps and other benefits alone is worth the difference!

This problem is not unique the Orthodox Jewish community. A single mom raising two children will find herself in a similar conundrum. Healthcare+childcare+rental assistance+food-stamps for two kids can be worth 60k. Her optimal situation is to either make a low salary and still qualify for the assistance, or make an enormous salary to cover the differential.

If someone takes student loans is he a parasite? All Americans that take free universal k-12 educational are they on the dole? are they parasites?

And by the way, what have you done for this country lately that you get to judge? Are you a war hero? How many people have you helped in your life other then yourself and your family that you get to really judge others as less then perfect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York