Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 PM

19 posts, read 82,161 times

Advertisements

I have 2 large dogs that I am looking into boarding during the relocation process.....when closing does happen it will take some time and I am looking at 2-3month or more time frame where I will need to board my dogs. At 30-40 a night for the two depending on the kennell is there a more affordable alternative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
A kennel might work with you given that they won't be boarded during prime time (summer months). Another thought, if either is a purebred, sometimes the breed rescue group might consider boarding one (and possibly both) but would get everything in writing (you'd pay them but they may be flexible), not sure how realistic it is for the foster home b/c most rescue groups desperately need foster homes (especially for large dogs (small dogs need foster homes too but take up less space). Have seen ads for petsitters who do petsitting in their homes, you might want to check into that as it might be hard on the dogs to be boarded for 2-3 months, this way they'd be in a home environment but would definitely get references of people who have used them and check the yard to make sure it's escape proof. Another longshot, if either is from a breeder, the breeder may be able to board them for a fee. Sometimes the vet techs petsit, not sure if they'd be able to petsit for months but it's always a possiblity.

It would also be a good idea to microchip your dogs in the event they get loose etc.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 60,574 times
Where to and where from is my question? I am just a person who loves dogs and have two large dogs of my own. There is around a quater acre fenced in back yard that they go out in freely, however they are house dogs that sleep in bed with us. This is the type of home I would hope our dogs would have if this happened to us.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 32,340 times
I am in the military and have been activated. I just got my orders monday the 20th July and I am leaving Aug 18th. Talk about short notice. I have two large house dogs. Spoiled rotten. I must ship them to Trinidad to their other owner. However; I do not have the 5 months process do to the abrupt notification. Does anyone know of a kennel or pet service that can watch my babies until they are cleared to ship? Please email me @ [email]babyjaestud@yahoo.com[/email] or call 832-441-7782. No blocked numbers please. Serious Inquiries only. God Bless and Thank You.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 28,506 times
im n the same spot back to ops n the ot,3months notice i must find safe secure happy boarding 4my spoiled big boxers.the stressis eating me up.anybody know about long term in utah@bestfriends?

Old 05-08-2011, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 24,875 times
I'm in need of finding a long-term home for my dog while my family waits to move. We can no longer have him where we are and need somewhere to put him. He is a year old Papillon and want a place that would match what he has here...a nice warm bed with people to sleep in and a yard to play in. Please someone help. Email me at [email]antgeremia@gmail.com[/email].

Old 02-22-2012, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 20,587 times
I am in the Navy. I was looking to put my two dogs in the pound because boarding was so expensive and no one wanted to take them more than a month. I was looking at 6 months or better, thought it was hopeless until I found this great lady that caters to boarding long term for the military. Check her out her web page is likehomepetboarding.com... She was a life saver. Picked up my dogs after 8 months they were healthy, happy and remebered me the minute I walked through the gate to pick them up.......... Char Thanks a bunch, your awsome!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 19,239 times
I am needing a 2 week affordable boarding facility for my 5 dogs. San Diego area. Contact 760 277 3637

Old 12-12-2015, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 11,574 times
I have 2 dogs one is 27 lbs. and the other is a very sweet 70lbs pitt bull I need boarding for 3 weeks . how much estimation in Oklahoma city information 14057279883

Old 12-12-2015, 10:43 PM

2 posts, read 11,574 times
need a price
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
View detailed profiles of: