Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 08:27 AM

165 posts, read 169,680 times

Advertisements

The number of Americans homeless in major US cities rose to its highest level since the Great Depression of the 30s of XX century
The record number of homeless people in New York-144385.640xp.jpg
According to the Coalition for the Homeless, the number of Americans who do not have their own homes and spend every night in shelters in New York, in September 2014 exceeded 58 thousand
Facts about Homelessness - Coalition For The Homeless
The record number of homeless people in New York-144386.640xp.jpg
Graphics: The Coalition for the Homeless, the data: The Department of Homeless in New York
Among them: more than 24.5 thousand. Children, about 21.5 thousand. Adults in families and almost 12 thousand. Single adults:
The record number of homeless people in New York-144387.640xp.jpg
Clearer idea of the total number of homeless people in the largest city in the United States provide evidence of the Coalition for the Homeless, according to which in the course of 2013 more than 111 thousand. Different men, women and children stayed the night in shelters in New York.

According to the organization, the main reasons that lead to an increase in the number of homeless is the lack of affordable housing. Among other reasons: eviction, increased overcrowding, domestic violence, loss of job. Noted that in recent years a growing trend in the United States on social inequality. Various experts have increasingly noted that inequality in the US is close to that of the early XX century. And not the least role in this is played by monetary policy Fed

What do you think about this? How are you and your employers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 10:45 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
With the increase in poverty not just in NY, but across the country, this isn't a surprise. Just search for info on this in regards to other cities/areas across the country

Old 11-23-2014, 10:57 AM

165 posts, read 169,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
With the increase in poverty not just in NY, but across the country, this isn't a surprise. Just search for info on this in regards to other cities/areas across the country
Okay, but I'm from Buffalo, so I wrote about New York. By the way, I've searched for information on poverty in the country and have found something interesting.
The United States ranks near the bottom of the pack of wealthy nations on a measure of child poverty, according to a new report from UNICEF. Nearly one third of U.S. children live in households with an income below 60 percent of the national median income in 2008 - about $31,000 annually

Child poverty in the U.S. is among the worst in the developed world - The Washington Post

It turns out that one in three US children lives in poverty!

Old 11-23-2014, 11:43 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Okay, but I'm from Buffalo, so I wrote about New York. By the way, I've searched for information on poverty in the country and have found something interesting.
The United States ranks near the bottom of the pack of wealthy nations on a measure of child poverty, according to a new report from UNICEF. Nearly one third of U.S. children live in households with an income below 60 percent of the national median income in 2008 - about $31,000 annually

Child poverty in the U.S. is among the worst in the developed world - The Washington Post

It turns out that one in three US children lives in poverty!
I know, but it is a trend that is occurring nationwide and as your information states, children are really effected by poverty. So, the initial information isn't surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York