U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-22-2014, 06:19 PM
 
18 posts, read 28,825 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Hello,

I am interested in the Vestal area for a 1 bedroom apartment. I don't live in the area so I cannot do any apartment hunting in person. The only apartment complexes that have websites are the Meadows/Holly apartment complexes but they are non smoking complexes so no, and Anthos which are all two bedroom, I had to hunt down photos for off their website (I emailed the management for photos and never was sent reply) and it was too outdated looking for my taste. Are there any other nice complexes there that google isn't finding for me other than student or senior apartments?

So onto what I could find. My favorite complex was Summit Chase in Endicott near Glendale Park it's inexpensive, new, and seems nice. However I haven't heard the best about Endicott (I don't plan on driving to Vestal everytime I want to pick up take out etc I will be going out locally as well), and it's a further drive to all the stores in Vestal and the mall in Johnson City. My second choice is Indian Ridge Apartments in Johnson City on Reynolds Road. I would have to get the older model apartment to have gas heat/hot water included, the newer models with no paid utilities would be too much money. With that apartment I would be right at the mall and a closer drive to the stores in Vestal but the apartment wouldn't be as nice. If anyone has any advice on which one of those two areas are safer/nicer who knows these areas or even these two complexes it would really help me decide what to do unless there is another complex in Vestal or even Endwell (could not find any apartment listings for Endwell online except Allan Court and I wasn't interested) I'm missing. Thank you for your help!

Last edited by Pamela80; 12-22-2014 at 06:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-22-2014, 07:22 PM
 
56,309 posts, read 80,538,246 times
Reputation: 12425
These threads may help: Single professional considering Binghamton…

Binghamton area - Looking for apartment or small house to rent

I wouldn't be surprised if you get a response from a current Endicott resident in the near future.

Also, you may want to look into the West Side and SW side of Binghamton. You would still be close to shopping in both Vestal and Johnson City and it is a nice area of the city: West Side Neighborhood Association [WSNA]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2014, 07:38 PM
 
18 posts, read 28,825 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
These threads may help: Single professional considering Binghamton…

Binghamton area - Looking for apartment or small house to rent

I wouldn't be surprised if you get a response from a current Endicott resident in the near future.

Also, you may want to look into the West Side and SW side of Binghamton. You would still be close to shopping in both Vestal and Johnson City and it is a nice area of the city: West Side Neighborhood Association [WSNA]
Thank you, I did read that thread. I didn't mean to be rude to Endicott residents at all, however I don't know the area which I could be leased to for a year and I read posts on here about the central area which would only be several blocks from Summit Chase so it makes me apprehensive but if that isn't the case that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2014, 08:49 PM
 
56,309 posts, read 80,538,246 times
Reputation: 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela80 View Post
Thank you, I did read that thread. I didn't mean to be rude to Endicott residents at all, however I don't know the area which I could be leased to for a year and I read posts on here about the central area which would only be several blocks from Summit Chase so it makes me apprehensive but if that isn't the case that would be great.
Actually, Summit Chase is in the West Endicott area by the park. So, you would be some distance from Central Endicott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2014, 09:16 PM
 
18 posts, read 28,825 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, Summit Chase is in the West Endicott area by the park. So, you would be some distance from Central Endicott.

Oh that's great to hear. My fiance prefers the Summit Chase apartments to Indian Ridge as do I. Do you know if snow plowing is good in that area as compared to areas closer to the University?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 AM
 
87 posts, read 332,858 times
Reputation: 192
Both areas are completely safe and everything. Your a ways from Central Endicott, and even that is largely what you make of it, most of Endicott's employment(IBM, BAE, etc.) is right in Central Endicott, so although people act like it's a ghetto, it's pretty commercial and white collar most of the time. But anyway...

Although I wouldn't describe either as removed or inconvenient, Indian Ridge would probably have a feel of being closer to more. I knew somebody who lived at Indian Ridge a few years back, very pleasant experience, no issues, but again, this was a few years back. Summit Chase is nice, definitely the chief choice for the professionals whom rent in the area I'd say. Off hand I can't speak with certainty re: snow plowing, but it's a big complex, so I'm sure that gets top notch plowing, and the town of Union plows as good as anybody in the area, so I'd assume it's fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2014, 09:20 AM
 
56,309 posts, read 80,538,246 times
Reputation: 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndicottNY View Post
Both areas are completely safe and everything. Your a ways from Central Endicott, and even that is largely what you make of it, most of Endicott's employment(IBM, BAE, etc.) is right in Central Endicott, so although people act like it's a ghetto, it's pretty commercial and white collar most of the time. But anyway...

Although I wouldn't describe either as removed or inconvenient, Indian Ridge would probably have a feel of being closer to more. I knew somebody who lived at Indian Ridge a few years back, very pleasant experience, no issues, but again, this was a few years back. Summit Chase is nice, definitely the chief choice for the professionals whom rent in the area I'd say. Off hand I can't speak with certainty re: snow plowing, but it's a big complex, so I'm sure that gets top notch plowing, and the town of Union plows as good as anybody in the area, so I'd assume it's fine.
Not to hijack the thread and I agree about Central Endicott, but how big would you say IBM's presence is in Endicott?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2014, 09:38 AM
 
3,535 posts, read 3,040,298 times
Reputation: 3459
Why an apartment complex? Have you looked at Craig's List for Binghamton? There are lots of apartments in houses, which were converted to apartments, especially in JC and Endicott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2014, 11:27 AM
 
87 posts, read 332,858 times
Reputation: 192
IBM's presence is relatively non-existent, but there are still some IBM related outsource type things in the IBM buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2014, 02:24 PM
 
56,309 posts, read 80,538,246 times
Reputation: 12425
Just to throw it out there, but this area, if you can find rentals/apartments, may work as well: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.1596...vLG5uyDr8g!2e0

It is just north of Binghamton and you can still get to shopping in JC within a short drive as well. I believe that area is considered to be Nimmonsburg and/or Chenango Bridge, which are in the town of Chenango.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top