Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:53 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,099 times

Advertisements

Inside the hotel now.

Not gonna lie. I am extremely impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 07:55 AM

93,288 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Right. You would drive by a small airport, a school and a couple banks and a hotel. Doesn't really give the feel of being on a place equipped with our nuclear strike force.
Well, there is something actually on the old base is what I was getting at and there is still a military presence at the base: Eastern Air Defense Sector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-22-2015, 12:01 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,174,492 times
Well, booked Hotel Utica, but deffo a side trip to Rome! I understand there is or was an old Polish neighborhood up there too...somewhere south of Dominick Street perhaps? (my old WPA NY Guide mentions it), and Italians as well (know that because my co-workers were of Italian and Polish ancestry).

BTW, thanks for that great list and info on Utica. I am really looking forward to the visit. That book I mentioned upthread has a bunch of pix of old Utica buildings, apartments, houses, etc. The place looks pretty impressive for a small city. The old mills look interesting too.

Again, thanks for your recs. So...Chicken Riggies....that place in Rome? Or is there a place in Utica you'd all recommend?

Oh....that New Florentine Pastry Shop! Golly it does look good!

Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,099 times
Per the riggies..............

The best place for food in general and riggies in particular was Bella Mia but there's been some issues. I'll put this link up and from the reviews you can draw your own conclusions.

Cafe Bella MIA - Utica | Urbanspoon

The original location mentioned would be close to Hotel Utica. Not walking distance but on a nice day doable. Very short drive.

For coffee your gonna want Utica Roasters. All the coffees are good but Utica Buzz is my favorite. This is very close to the hotel and could be walked in say 10 minutes.

If your looking for what Utica was your gonna have a great visit. If your looking at what Utica is you will be alittle disappointed. What Utica could be is of coarse unknown.

Based on how impressed I am with the Hotel Utica my wife and I are possibly gonna stay there this coming weekend. Its very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York