Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:10 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
This is another lie in terms of calling people trolls, just like the denying NY taxes statement. If Syracuse was #1, I'd probably just post it and let it go(shrug). Most of the growth in the Syracuse area has been a couple or a few select industries actually.

Are you from Raleigh, I take it? When did I deny that Raleigh was doing well and why does it matter on a NY forum? It is odd that you never post on the Raleigh forum, by the way. My point is about finding a job even in place #1 can still be difficult.

Also, what is the criteria for the list? I know it uses the top 50 metros, which means that only 2 metros in NY would be eligible(Buffalo and NYC).

Jobs can be created by companies currently in an area as well.

Here is the direct article with the criteria: 25 Best Cities For Jobs | Glassdoor Blog
Not lying about anything, in fact, right now in the Albany forum, you are essentially calling someone a troll (Yuptag) by saying that he's probably posting under several different names (the definition of a troll). Yuptag was commenting on the problems in NY and you basically called him out. So, you are doing this right now and denying it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39716503-post49.html

I am not from Raleigh (you know this) but its one of my favorite areas of the US. Don't worry about where or how I post, either. Regardless of that, I started this thread with a simple question and never mentioned Raleigh until you did.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39707087-post3.html

I asked a simple question why NY is not represented in a top 25 cities for job growth.

Don't bring up an area if you don't want to discuss it. My discussion was about NY, you bring up Raleigh, I respond, and you wonder why I am mentioning Raleigh?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 01:15 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,197,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/reveal...110500616.html

I thought NY was lowering taxes and attracting businesses? 4 of the top 5 cities are all down South, the 5th is out west, and the Northeast is barely represented.

What's going on?

From the article:
Quote:
Looking ahead Chamberlain says "whatever industry is having a boom in that particular year that will shoot them way up in the rankings." For example had the ranking come out two years ago, Chamberlain noted that a city in North Dakota might have been at the top because of the fracking boom during that time -- but that would not be the case today because of falling oil prices.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:20 PM

93,276 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Not lying about anything, in fact, right now in the Albany forum, you are essentially calling someone a troll (Yuptag) by saying that he's probably posting under several different names (the definition of a troll). Yuptag was commenting on the problems in NY and you basically called him out. So, you are doing this right now and denying it.

I am not from Raleigh (you know this) but its one of my favorite areas of the US. Don't worry about where or how I post, either. Regardless of that, I started this thread with a simple question and never mentioned Raleigh until you did.

I asked a simple question why NY is not represented in a top 25 cities for job growth.

Don't bring up an area if you don't want to discuss it. My discussion was about NY, you bring up Raleigh, I respond, and you wonder why I am mentioning Raleigh?!
Raleigh in the list and another lie, as I didn't say anything about Yuptag being a troll. So, you mentioned that.

I have no clue where you live to be honest, nor am I trying to figure that out. I'm trying to stay drama free.

Again, there are only 2 NYS metros that are even eligible to be on that list and given the criteria, NYC is disqualified due to cost of living. With that said, San Francisco, Boston, San Jose and Seattle made the list. So, I'm curious as to the validity of the list.

Buffalo, while seeing some improvement, still has some work to do as of now. See, that was simple......

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 05-22-2015 at 02:14 PM..

Old 05-22-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
From the article:

Thank you, as I mentioned before that industry and population plays a big part in this list. It is only for the top 50 biggest metros in the country. There are around 381 metropolitan areas in the US.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Raleigh in the list and another lie, as I didn't say anything about Yuptag being a troll. So, you mentioned that.

I have no clue where you live to be honest, nor am I trying to figure that out. I'm trying to stay drama free, to be honest.

Again, there are only 2 NYS metros that are even eligible to be on that list and given the criteria, NYC is disqualified due to cost of living. With that said, San Francisco, Boston, San Jose and Seattle made the list. So, I'm curious as to the validity of the list.

Buffalo, while seeing some improvement, still has some work to do as of now. See, that was simple......
He/she lives in southern NJ and has lived in Philly. AFAIK, from his/her postings on C-D, he/she's never even lived in NY but passes himself off as an expert on the state.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:

Actually, you don't want to discuss anything about NY. All you want to do is knock the state and that's pretty much been your post subject every time you post on this forum. If you like Raleigh so much and hate NY so much, then move there. And before you start making excuses why you're still sitting on your butt in New Jersey -- like "my job is here" -- understand that if Raleigh were the job paradise you keep saying it is, you should absolutely no problem finding a job at at least whatever it is you're making in NJ.

Oh, and that goes triple for your buddy Yuptag, too. He's a troll, and so are you. The pair of you need to get lives ...

Old 05-22-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:

I have no clue where you live to be honest, nor am I trying to figure that out. I'm trying to stay drama free, to be honest.

Read your posts more carefully. By saying someone is posting from different names, you are calling them a troll.

Why do you always make this personal? I don't care where you live, why are you even mentioning this? You seem like a know-it-all, and always have to combat people who bring up a negative aspect of living in NY by putting down other places and pumping up your area. You live on the north side of Syracuse, dude, not the Taj Mahal.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Read your posts more carefully. By saying someone is posting from different names, you are calling them a troll.

Why do you always make this personal? I don't care where you live, why are you even mentioning this? You seem like a know-it-all, and always have to combat people who bring up a negative aspect of living in NY by putting down other places and pumping up your area. You live on the north side of Syracuse, dude, not the Taj Mahal.
Nope, I never said that word. You can smack it up, flip it and rub it down however you want to, but I didn't say that word.

Again, you are incorrect in regards to everything you mentioned in the paragraph as well.

So, did you even read the answer as to why there weren't any NY cities/areas on that list?

Old 05-22-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Actually, you don't want to discuss anything about NY. All you want to do is knock the state and that's pretty much been your post subject every time you post on this forum. If you like Raleigh so much and hate NY so much, then move there. And before you start making excuses why you're still sitting on your butt in New Jersey -- like "my job is here" -- understand that if Raleigh were the job paradise you keep saying it is, you should absolutely no problem finding a job at at least whatever it is you're making in NJ.

Oh, and that goes triple for your buddy Yuptag, too. He's a troll, and so are you. The pair of you need to get lives ...
Basically......I honestly can't recall any post on here that has offered helpful information to anyone that has asked for it. I could be wrong though.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Umm, ok? I never made anything personal about you. I never mentioned Raleigh, ckhthankgod did. I never said that Raleigh is a "job paradise". Don't put words into my mouth. I like NY more than you could ever understand, but thoughtful people are able to debate the merits and drawbacks to any place.

Read my posts, I've said many times that I consider NY to be in the upper range of states in the US, not my favorite but definitely one of the top half of US states. Yuptag I doubt would say that. And he's not my buddy, I don't know him or follow his posts. He can have any opinion he wants.

People who can't argue the merits of someplace resign themselves to hurling insults and assuming that they know someone. Grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York