Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 09:25 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,761,924 times

Advertisements

I feel like this is a long Lifetime movie. You know it will be soon. What I would have given to have been a fly on the wall and listened to what these prisoner's said while they were in the cabin. Did I hear that they found bloody socks in the cabin? Sounds like that could slow them down a bit too.

I just hope they get caught without any loss of lives including theirs. Make them go back to prison and live in isolation. They'd be miserable....especially without their 'girlfriend'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 06:33 AM

149 posts, read 303,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I don't know but they seemed to think it was from within the last 48 hours. I don't know how they would know that. However, last night the State Police who had been scouring the Friendship area here in WNY very abruptly withdrew from the area which suggests that they had some new info that said they believed these guys were elsewhere.
Yep, I was just over the hill from Friendship this weekend - actually got held up by one of the barricades on I-86, since we came through the Wellsville/Bolivar/Friendship section of road just before 2 pm on Saturday. All weekend I saw people out walking around their property, "inspecting" their yards...with hunting rifles! LOL It was really rather funny. And then poof, by Sunday night the police presence disappeared as quickly as it had manifested.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:02 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,197,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Baloney.

These guys will get caught. They found bloody socks in that cabin, too. That area is dense with brush and bugs--very hard terrain to maneuver. The fact that they haven't gotten any farther away than 20 miles says a lot, too. And it's pumped up the search team, too. Their days on the lam are coming to an end.
I agree because these guys are not experienced outsdoorsmen, they don't know the area, and they don't have family and/or friends who would help them, all of which enabled Ralph "Bucky" Phillips to stay on the lam in Chautauqua/Cattaraugus Counties for several months in 2006 ... and the fact that until Phillips shot the first state trooper at a traffic stop in Allegany or Steuben County, the police were not really looking for him all that hard.

One thing I could see happening is that one or both might disappear in the woods and their bodies never found. The Adirondaks are wilder than Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties, but people have gone missing in this area and their bodies never found ... or maybe their remains are found years later by a deer hunter or hiker.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:20 PM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Escaped murderer Richard Matt shot and killed by police | New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York