Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,430 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have a question for people that are from the orange county NY region. I've been looking for properties to buy and Whispering Hills has a very good price range for properties. I don't know enough about Chester NY and more importantly Whispering Hills. Is the complex good? I've been finding mix reviews. I read online that there were recent arrest for drug dealings on the complex. I would like to get honest opinions to understand if it makes sense to move there. I have met with a realtor and I have seen properties at Whispering Hills but I don't know if there is crime or the type of people that live there. Any information that anyone can share will be helpful? Is the area good? How are the schools as I have children?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:46 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,004,797 times
Whispering Hills is for people that can't afford single family homes. Lots of drugs. Plus there's rumors of the Hasidic Jews buying land and right next to Whisperin Hills and building their high density slums there too so they can ruin Chester like they ruined Monroe & Rockland County.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:07 AM

4 posts, read 11,372 times
Belated post but I just looked up Chester NY this morning- my husband bought new while they were being built in the 1980's and thankfully sold in 2009 at the time of our marriage. The management was slow to fix issues, but the deterioration of the place as well as the crime and absent owners who rented to thugs was more than enough of a reason to get out. I hope you didn't purchase there.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:54 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
My cousin and her husband did the same. Bought when they were building and were so sorry later. NYC relocated a bunch of homeless to the area right aftet they had their first kid, so they would be walking down the street and there's some guy pissing in the road. Not what they'd hoped for. Couldn't sell their condo, so they rented it out and moved in with her parents back in Jersey. I think they finally unloaded the place years later.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:01 AM

284 posts, read 269,169 times
The area itself is being run over with hasidics. They are spreading out of KJ. I wouldn't move anywhere near there (AND I grew up in Monroe and loved it when I was younger)

Old 12-04-2016, 03:40 PM

12 posts, read 18,692 times
Chester use to be a nice little town I lived on butler terrace from 1974-1989 we moved north to Columbia county after my dad retired from the NYPD would get gov cheese from the firehouse on main, walk to Monroe on the railroad tracks get quick food supplies from dannys uptown the blinking light on main &94 intersection now that I'm older I appreciate the small town life I live in a little town now in east TN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York