Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 08:57 AM

92,258 posts, read 122,526,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
I was once on the Wegman's wagon, but I'm all Aldi now (combined with local farms). Aldi is so darn efficient, fast, simple, consistent, cheap as hell, no coupon/savings card bs, and I find the quality very good. Only downside I see is the lack of name brands that kids want.
You may find some brands names in their clearance aisle(for lack of a better explanation). I've also noticed that they may have some local brands in the store like Gianelli Sausage or even Hofmann Hot Dogs at Syracuse area locations.

They now have the lowest gallon of milk prices I've seen as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 09:04 AM

92,258 posts, read 122,526,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Locations around sullivan county -Callicoon, Livingston Manor, Jeffersonville, eldred.

Nice....It kind of reminds me of the Big M markets that you can find further Upstate(and PA): BIG M Supermarkets

This is a similar market that is pretty popular in the village of Liverpool: Nichols Supermarket

This is another Upstate chain(well 2 stores): Great American - Weekly Specials It used to be a pretty big chain that downsized and a guy bought the locations in Boonville and Watertown. While I never went to the Watertown location, it is in a nice and walkable area of that city's East Side. So, it is in an area that could appeal to people that want a walkable neighborhood.

Another popular local market this time in Utica: Chanatry's Hometown Market Supermarket, Utica NY - Chanatrys Hometown Market

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 09-29-2016 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York