Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 04:31 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
To be honest, stop talking about me and help the original poster. I'm way past the stage of what you or others think of me, one way or another. I just mentioned that the OP already knows about the weather due to being from CNY, which was mentioned in the original post. If anything, I actually post things that aren't favorable on here that others haven't as well. So, can we just help the person that started the thread?
Have at it then. You seem to be the only person with the right response to everything anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 04:48 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times
I'd suggest you research Eastern North Carolina as a wonderful place to retire, especially if finances haven't worked out well for you. Coastal, small towns, low cost of living, four seasons, mild Winter. You'll love it!

Old 10-05-2017, 04:51 PM

23 posts, read 50,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I'd suggest you research Eastern North Carolina as a wonderful place to retire, especially if finances haven't worked out well for you. Coastal, small towns, low cost of living, four seasons, mild Winter. You'll love it!
We are considering that area, as a matter of fact. Thank you!

Old 10-05-2017, 05:07 PM

93,257 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Have at it then. You seem to be the only person with the right response to everything anyway.
No, not at all. I’m stepping back and you can offer suggestions based upon the criteria.

Sorry, kkhamil, but this has been a common theme on here for years and you don’t deserve to get your thread sidetracked like this. Hopefully, others can chime in with the appropriate information.

As for eastern NC, Greenville and perhaps Wilmington may work. Check the cost of living, as it may not be much lower, if at all in comparison to much of Upstate NY. https://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cf...29=104&7090=70

https://www.retirementliving.com/tax...#NORTHCAROLINA

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 10-05-2017 at 05:17 PM..

Old 10-05-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
No, not at all. I’m stepping back and you can offer suggestions based upon the criteria.

Sorry, kkhamil, but this has been a common theme on here for years and you don’t deserve to get your thread sidetracked like this. Hopefully, others can chime in with the appropriate information.

As for eastern NC, Greenville and perhaps Wilmington may work. Check the cost of living, as it may not be much lower, if at all in comparison to much of Upstate NY. https://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cf...29=104&7090=70

https://www.retirementliving.com/tax...#NORTHCAROLINA
Oh please. Don't start that nonsense like I started all of this. I was being completely civil and making recommendations based on the weather being worse in NYS than where they currently are, when you stepped in and said that I was "insulting" them because they already know what I was telling them. Do you even comprehend how rude that is?

I don't need you pitting new posters against me and now for you to blame me, you have some nerve.

So stop turning this around- you start this chit like you always do with me (for some reason) and constantly act like a prison guard with everyone in this forum. Everyone is tired of it and you just sit here and have counterpoints all day to ANYONE who even dares make a suggestion that NY isn't perfect or isn't for them.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Oh please. Don't start that nonsense like I started all of this. I was being completely civil and making recommendations based on the weather being worse in NYS than where they currently are, when you stepped in and said that I was "insulting" them because they already know what I was telling them. Do you even comprehend how rude that is?

I don't need you pitting new posters against me and now for you to blame me, you have some nerve.

So stop turning this around- you start this chit like you always do with me (for some reason) and constantly act like a prison guard with everyone in this forum. Everyone is tired of it and you just sit here and have counterpoints all day to ANYONE who even dares make a suggestion that NY isn't perfect or isn't for them.
Enough with the drama and you don’t like being challenged on something they already knew about. People from CNY understand that it snows quite a bit, but it was already posted and validated by the OP that it isn’t any milder and is quite windy where they are. So, you didn’t show anything besides there being more snowfall, which was already posted earlier in the thread.

Also, I counterpoint what is necessary like “CNY being much much more colder” or questions asking people about cold weather they already knew about, as mentioned in the original post. Sorry, that I brought something to the attention of others, who didn’t have the same reaction as you had.

Again, grow up, as I never said NY was perfect and I debate topics versus getting upset with people. Everyone knows about the taxes and weather, as that isn’t anything new. You assume things and end up hijacking things, which you have on here in the past. I sure don’t see you questioning other posters though.

Now, let’s tey this again...Can you suggest 1 thing to the kkhamil in regards to the topic? Keep me out of this and just post one suggestion to the OP.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Enough with the drama and you don’t like being challenged on something they already knew about. People from CNY understand that it snows quite a bit, but it was already posted and validated by the OP that it isn’t any milder and is quite windy where they are. So, you didn’t show anything besides there being more snowfall, which was already posted earlier in the thread.

Also, I counterpoint what is necessary like “CNY being much much more colder” or questions asking people about cold weather they already knew about, as mentioned in the original post. Sorry, that I brought something to the attention of others, who didn’t have the same reaction as you had.

Again, grow up, as I never said NY was perfect and I debate topics versus getting upset with people. Everyone knows about the taxes and weather, as that isn’t anything new. You assume things and end up hijacking things, which you have on here in the past. I sure don’t see you questioning other posters though.

Now, let’s tey this again...Can you suggest 1 thing to the kkhamil in regards to the topic? Keep me out of this and just post one suggestion to the OP.
I award you this badge. Congratulations. Thanks for making this forum suck.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I award you this badge. Congratulations. Thanks for making this forum suck.
Don't blame me for actually reading the original post and answering the criteria. How dare I... Anyway, this may also help kkhamil: New York House Median Value School District Rank Based on ACS 2010-2014 data

https://www.tax.ny.gov/research/prop.../resmedian.htm

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/star/

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 10-05-2017 at 08:17 PM..

Old 10-09-2017, 08:52 AM

If the spouse can find a position close enough, this is another symphony orchestra in a smaller Upstate city(Oneonta): Welcome to the Catskill Symphony Orchestra

Old 10-09-2017, 09:18 PM

89 posts, read 74,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
Do you really want to retire in a cold weather climate? Why not try somewhere a bit further south on the East Coast so you don't have to deal with mountains of snow every year?
Believe it or not, there are people who actually like cold weather. Not all of us like heat and humidity, nor beaches for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York