Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2019, 10:23 AM

284 posts, read 985,379 times

Advertisements

Just testing the waters and trying to gather as much info as possible , i currently live in Suffolk county and getting fed up with the high taxes and congestion . I have 2 teenage sons heavily into Ice hockey and Lacrosse , wife who's a nurse so near a hospital and rink would be ideal . I work in the Bronx , NYC , Brookyn and Queens so being close to the Metro North Railroad is a bonus , i'm looking for a 3-4 family house between 400-550 .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 11:59 AM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
Just testing the waters and trying to gather as much info as possible , i currently live in Suffolk county and getting fed up with the high taxes and congestion . I have 2 teenage sons heavily into Ice hockey and Lacrosse , wife who's a nurse so near a hospital and rink would be ideal . I work in the Bronx , NYC , Brookyn and Queens so being close to the Metro North Railroad is a bonus , i'm looking for a 3-4 family house between 400-550 .
So, do you have an idea of areas that you are interested in?

Old 05-08-2019, 04:53 AM

973 posts, read 1,409,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
I am assuming you are looking for a 3-4 bedroom house and not a 3-4 family house. It depends on what you mean by high taxes and connection. Such is not unique to Long Island. In that price range you won’t find much in Westchester. Pearl River might work. There is a metro north stop and if you can take the express the train commute may be quicker. It is certainly closer to the city than Deer Park - it’s just that train commutes on the other side of the Hudson pay a time penalty vs. Westchester and LI. The HS has hockey and lacrosse and their are of course hospitals nearby - in NJ and NY. The drive into Manhattan and the Bronx is very quick if commuting of peak.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:18 AM

13 posts, read 11,657 times
Suffern and Monroe Woodbury have both lax and ice hockey (both teams made the state tournament for hockey this year). If you would like to see listings in areas to browse around let me know. I'm a licensed real estate agent, educator and coach for over 11 years in the area.

Phil Szumlaski
Keller Williams NY Realty
845-913-5936
https://pszumlaski.kwrealty.com/

Old 05-08-2019, 10:51 AM

I believe that Putnam County school districts such as Mahopac, Carmel, Brewster, Putnam Valley and Haldane has opportunities to play both sports(the latter 2 combine with Kennedy Catholic in Somers).

Old 05-08-2019, 11:35 AM

973 posts, read 1,409,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I believe that Putnam County school districts such as Mahopac, Carmel, Brewster, Putnam Valley and Haldane has opportunities to play both sports(the latter 2 combine with Kennedy Catholic in Somers).
All of those have lacrosse. Putnam Valley and Haldane, I believe, are combined with Lakeland, Panas and Hen Hud. Brewster combines with Yorktown. Mahopac and Carmel have their own teams. None combine with Kennedy Catholic, which is a a CHSAA team.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
All of those have lacrosse. Putnam Valley and Haldane, I believe, are combined with Lakeland, Panas and Hen Hud. Brewster combines with Yorktown. Mahopac and Carmel have their own teams. None combine with Kennedy Catholic, which is a a CHSAA team.
Thanks...I was curious about this in regards to Hockey, as I wasn't sure if Putnam Valley and Haldane combine with them. I saw it on the MaxPreps site, but it seemed to be inconsistent in terms of the combination and good point about Kennedy being in the CHSAA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York