U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 12:09 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,765,295 times

Advertisements

The same lunacy prevents a pipeline from being built from PA to New England, states up in that part of the country get much of their natgas shipped in from RUssia. CNG is shipped by truck from PA and into Upstate, which is unsafe and not very environmentally friendly:

https://www.mpnnow.com/news/20200222...l-gas-pipeline

ALBANY — After a four-year battle with the state, the owner of a proposed natural-gas pipeline through the Southern Tier said Friday it will not move forward with the struggling project.

The controversial 124-mile long Constitution pipeline would have brought natural gas from Pennsylvania into the Southern Tier before stopping just outside Albany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 07:19 AM

8,785 posts, read 10,172,540 times
It would be interesting if the New England States Grouped together and sued the NY State Government for impeding interstate commerce by preventing the pipeline. They could also build a coal plant along the state border to p**s off prince Andy...

Old 02-23-2020, 10:22 AM

3,936 posts, read 3,416,344 times
Con Ed has a moratorium on new nat gas hookups in Westchester County and National Grid has a moratorium on new nat gas hookups in parts of Brooklyn. They need new nat gas suppliers.

Andrew is an environmental wacko like his daddy Mario who destroyed Long Island Lighting over the Shoreham nuclear power plant.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:23 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,503,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Con Ed has a moratorium on new nat gas hookups in Westchester County and National Grid has a moratorium on new nat gas hookups in parts of Brooklyn. They need new nat gas suppliers.

Andrew is an environmental wacko like his daddy Mario who destroyed Long Island Lighting over the Shoreham nuclear power plant.

Andrew wants to shut down the Indian Point nuclear plant

Old 02-23-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Andrew wants to shut down the Indian Point nuclear plant
It may be time to replace it based on its natural life but what does ConEd have to replace what it generates?

Old 02-23-2020, 06:51 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,503,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
It may be time to replace it based on its natural life but what does ConEd have to replace what it generates?

There is a large hydro plant in the St. Lawrence River. They have been holding the water back so more goes through the turbines, but that has caused massive flooding all along Lake Ontario.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
There is a large hydro plant in the St. Lawrence River. They have been holding the water back so more goes through the turbines, but that has caused massive flooding all along Lake Ontario.
I am aware of the Lake Ontario lake level issues but I thought that was for increased production through Canadian plants. I think the US Plants are all tapped out, what they produce is all ready spoken for so i'm thinking something more downstate will be needed to fill the gap.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:23 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,765,295 times
Andy and his merry band of wackaloons are against any progress in moving towards a healthy mix of energy production and distribution in NY.

I dropped this article here to show the utter insanity that is NY state government, and the state judiciary that often times backs up decisions made at the state level.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:54 PM

7,100 posts, read 11,469,291 times
Indian point is scheduled for closure regardless. It's surpassed its useful life

Old 02-24-2020, 05:33 AM

3,584 posts, read 2,298,703 times
I look forward to seeing how many Ayn Rand novels it takes for you to learn to spell your username correctly. Clearly those suburban Rochester school districts deserve all the spite they get from you, as you yourself bear out the futility of trying to educate the common Homo not-so-sapien.

I wish you the best of luck manufacturing for the rednecks who still want to see you on the wrong side of Fort Sumter in 1861. You and your recently adopted kin are certainly well within the basket of deplorables and I can only hope you crawl your way out of said basket and into the radiance of skin cancer in the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or