U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 PM

103 posts, read 383,762 times
Default Is anyone familiar with the Rhinebeck or Rhinecliff Area?

We are going to the Rhinebeck area for a few days. Has anyone stayed at the Old Rhinebeck Inn Bed and Breakfast or the new Rhinecliff Hotel?

Any recommedations? Would appreciate input.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 PM

10,110 posts, read 375,400 times
Hi Graceful, Yes, I live close-by. I don't think the Rhinecliff Hotel is open yet. I work in Rhinebeck. I have lived here all my life. How can I help you? Ladeebug

Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 AM

Actually, The Rhinecliff Hotel is open. I believe it opened last month. I don't know much about the area at all but the hotel sounded lovely and we were able to get a room right on the river and it's brand new. They said it's only 2 miles from the town of Rhinebeck. It sounds like there are a lot of great things to do and see up there. We like to walk, hike, bike, and would love to rent a canoe or kayak. Do you know anything about Innsfree Park?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 AM

369 posts, read 952,189 times
Graceful-and don't forget to check out the old Hudson Valley estates while you are in the area as well as Olana, Frederic Church's former mansion.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:46 AM

Thank-you...we will (-:

Old 08-06-2008, 06:50 AM

10,110 posts, read 375,400 times
Graceful, I think they just got their Certificate of Occupancy a few days ago, my husband read it in the newspaper. I would Just call & make sure. I don't know much about Innsfree Garden. I think it is in Millbrook. There are many areas in Ulster, Dutchess & Columbia Counties that are worth seeing. Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie has lovely grounds for walking and an equally beautiful Garden. The house is open for tours, but it's no big deal. The best time to see the Estates & Mansions is during the Holidays. They decorate with Victorian themes and the people dress up in period costumes from that time in history. That is when I enjoy them the best, it depends what you like. There are several in the area along the River. Bash Bish Falls is up on the border of Mass & NY in the NE corner of the County. You can hike there and picnic. You also have the Berkshires & The Catskills to explore, as well as the Hudson River and several Lakes to kayak. Kaaterskill Falls is lovely and you can go Tubing along the Esopus Creek in Ulster County. There is alot to do here. Just let me know if I can direct you to anythhing. Just In case, there are a few other B&Bs & Motels I could give you numbers for if you can't saty at the RH. Just Let me know. LB

Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 AM

Thank-you for the information....so much to do and so little time (-: I am sure we will have to come back again. As far as the Rhinecliff Hotel is concerned, we already received confirmation that we are booked. I don't think that they would do that if they were not opened yet do you?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,383 times
The Rhinecliff is now open & is fabulous. The food at The Bar at the Rhinecliff, memorable & affordable. & highly recommend. Best, DLA

Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 AM

7,081 posts, read 23,317,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidArcher View Post
The Rhinecliff is now open & is fabulous. The food at The Bar at the Rhinecliff, memorable & affordable. & highly recommend. Best, DLA
What you don't say, David Archer, is that you're the firm doing the marketing and promotion for this hotel aren't you?....Hmmmmm....A little biased?

Old 10-07-2008, 06:04 AM

Smile The Rhinecliff Hotel

That's no problem...we did go to the Rhinecliff Hotel back in August and had a lovely two days. The hotel is clean, charming and the staff was helpful and delightful. The only thing I was a bit surprised about was how close it was to the train and the photos on the website of course did not show the beautiful train tressel (lol).

Anyway, it was all fine and we had a wonderful time on our stay. The breakfast was perfect and when we did go, the restaurant was not yet open, so we may have to go back just to try it

We absolutely loved the area and the trip exceeded my expectations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York