U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:40 AM

524 posts, read 1,630,665 times
Yup, yup and yup.

Andes is a fine little town-several restaurants, a gas station/convenience store/ with AWESOME pizza-he really spent a lot of time and money and he did GOOD. Calzones are pretty good too and of course the shop kitty cat CumIn. The Andes hotel is restaurant/bar/old motel. Andes actually has a lot to offer based on it's small size (blink and you have gone through it)lol. I like Andes a lot.

And yes, TURBINES are pounding at the door. But no worries OP, if Frnak and the rest of the town board forces the turbines in, you will have lots of city-type things as they are being built-construction workers, traffic, noise, a crowded Andes hotel bar, Rt 28 and Rt. 6 will fall apart because of the trucks......Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, rumor has it the Broadlands was sold to a resort developer. So, actually Andes will see more jobs for a long time with the building of the resort and resort jobs, and the town will see more visitors, which means some of the Main Street shops can actully stay open-and some of the smaller surrounding towns could get a boost as well.

No worries, OP, development, in one form or another, is coming to your town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 PM

4 posts, read 20,391 times
Default No windmills here.

Yea and remember years ago when NYC needed water and it eradicated 5 towns, uprooted thousands of families, and reinterred thousands of bodies from the local cemetaries? All for the construction of the Pepacton Resevoir, for the benefit of NYC. What did the area's surrounding the resevoir get? Nothing. But that was then. There are a lot more people in the area willing to fight the fight necessary to keep the windmills away, and I'm one of them. So let the windmills be put on the tall buildings in the already disgusting and filthy NYC buildings. Put them underwater in the already polluted Hudson river. Better yet, put them in the towns and backyards of the people who would propose or approve a project like that. Bet ya won't see them then!

Old 02-04-2007, 03:42 PM

12 posts, read 48,215 times
Angry Big Bucks

BIG CITY NEEDS
wind
LET YOUR MAYOR BLOW U

let the wind blow free in ANDES
KEEP OUT FLATLANDER

Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 AM

What does that mean Andes1? Are you having a bad day? Oh, I think I get it, you are against the Turbines ruining our mountains and backyards, you think if the city needs it, the city should put up turbines? Am I close? If so, I completely agree with you , but I would have said it a little differently
Keep your fire stoked, it is wicked cold up here today!

Old 02-12-2007, 05:28 AM

well you can see it my way!!!
let the rotten apple put them in central park or the lower hudson river and along the brooklyn shore line for there NEEDS
ps they could also make human tread mills wich will help the taxpayer of our state lesten the WELFARE AND ILLEAGALS IN NY THE ROTTEN APPLE THEN THE REST OF THE FUNDS COULD GO TO SMALL TOWN SCHOOL FUNDS FOR US. BORN SCHOOL KIDS

Old 02-19-2007, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,375 times
Default Catskill-Wholesaler

I understand what you mean. Living in Andes can mean maintaining the pristine beauty of Andes but that doesn't mean it has to be backward or inefficient. Promoting change is good with an eye on values.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:37 AM

just another look clean white snow keep that in mind when you think
of GREY SLUSH IN THE ROTTEN Apple
btw
no MTA .subways , yellow cabs, trash in the street, crack vials on the sidewalks aroud corners from EVERY main road. ps
the dealers love there cell phones too. !!!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:47 AM

777 posts, read 1,567,797 times
Where to I sign up to move there? We are over run by people that have come up for the "better life"! I miss how simple it was in Fishkill back in the 70's & 80's! I want to walk down a road and hear birds, not planes, sirens, loud mufflers and boom boxes! I am tired of cell phones going off everywhere! I miss seeing that stray cow get loose or horse walk down my road. Yes, sign me up! Looking for the simpler way of life away from modern conviences(AKA wallyworld).

Old 02-28-2007, 12:17 PM

Come on up CampingMom-It is great up here-rarely see a car on the road-you can walk rigth down the center of Main Street, and we are loaded with cows, horses, birds, deer, turkey, hawks, beavers, a good amount of Coyote, almost everyone has at least one dog, we get no cellphone reception, and the stars at night, o my, you are in your own planetarium. BUT, I am about 6 miles NW from Andes-Andes is the smaller of the 3 towns we go to get stuff in the real world. But, Andes is beautiful, certainly right out of town and the surroundings!

Simpler way of life for sure, but nothing is perfect. Come on up and stay a while!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 PM

Ah
FISKILL!!!
my youthfull summers wandering from farm to farm just jumping on a horse in a pasture and falling off !!
yes
IT was nice back in the 60's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York