Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,548,775 times

Advertisements

Personally I think this is good news....we don't need any more nepotism/ elitism in this state. Good riddance I say. I'm sure she's a lovely woman and I don't mean for it to be personal attack. But she had NO business being a senator representing New York State. Especially after her JOKE of an "upstate tour".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,426,089 times
Good.... she didn't deserve it.

I think Andrew Cuomo should/will get it.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 AM

20 posts, read 136,391 times
good.
i'm kind of getting sick of celebrities and other famous ppl getting special treatments. maybe one of the Bush twins will be our future senate in 20 years.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 AM

382 posts, read 1,527,191 times
Give it to someone from Upstate. We could use a senator from there for a change instead of a member of the NYC political cabal.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 PM

Amen to that!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 AM

Well it looks like Patterson went the COMPLETE opposite way this time and instead of choosing a downstater with NO political experience but a famous name that everybody has heard of; he chose an upstater (albeit she is from Albany) that nobody has actually heard of but with solid experience in federal and state politics, who supports fiscal responsibility!

I must say I am pleasantly surprised! Kirsten Gillibrand gets a thumbs up from me!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:04 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,072,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Well it looks like Patterson went the COMPLETE opposite way this time and instead of choosing a downstater with NO political experience but a famous name that everybody has heard of; he chose an upstater (albeit she is from Albany) that nobody has actually heard of but with solid experience in federal and state politics, who supports fiscal responsibility!

I must say I am pleasantly surprised! Kirsten Gillibrand gets a thumbs up from me!
Yes, Paterson must by vying for upstate support when reelection comes along...now let's hope Ms. Gillibrand realizes there is more to NY than NYC...

Old 01-23-2009, 03:18 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,944,239 times
I wasn't a real big fan of Gillibrand at first, but I do think she has our interests at heart. I've never met her personally, but several of my friends & customers have. They all had individual issues that weren't getting addressed due to red tape. One had a son serving in Iraq; they needed him to come home for a family emergency. He was due for sched. leave a few months down the road but couldn't get anyone to speed it up. Kirsten did something about it & got him home.

Another had some problems with her elderly mother getting proper care. Took it to Gillibrand & she made things happen. Maybe she is just what we need, after all.

Does anyone think that because Paterson did not pick Cuomo; Paterson won't be seeking the Gov. seat at re-election time? I ask because I wonder if Cuomo will seek Paterson's job - I think he's have a good chance of winning. Just wondering if that was going thru Paterson's mind?
I'm not a Dem or a Repub. - just a registered voter with not a whole lot of knowledge about either of them.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 PM

37,754 posts, read 40,844,087 times
Quote:
Personally I think this is good news....we don't need any more nepotism/ elitism in this state. Good riddance I say. I'm sure she's a lovely woman and I don't mean for it to be personal attack. But she had NO business being a senator representing New York State. Especially after her JOKE of an "upstate tour".
Hmmmm, did the former carpetbagger have any business representing NY State the first time she ran? But I agree on the Kennedy thing. She can always run for the seat down the road, if she really wants it.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:42 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,426,089 times
Quote:

washingtonpost.com

New York City is PISSED! I love it ;-) Go Gillibrand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: