Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,767 times

Advertisements

Tennessee, near Nashville & Knoxville & a few select areas of Kentucky.
I'm hoping to buy acreage in TN in the next few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I never seriously considered N.C. as a relocation area.
We have poked around NC for years. We discovered a stretch of NC that begins at Southport, NC over to Sunset Beach, NC. Very nice. It might change your mind about NC.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 AM

880 posts, read 2,025,096 times
NYK 81 If you have some money by vacant land within a hour-hour and a half of a big city down south.Up north in 5 years you will be paying 5 dollars a gallon of home heating oil.You can thank the US govt.policy in the MIDDLE EAST and VENEZUELA for this.As soon as the new pipe line is built Venezuela will stop selling oil to the USA and will sell it to China.The oil companies will use this as an excuse to raise the price of oil thru the roof.Have you noticed they have raised the price of oil and gas because summer is around the corner?

Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM

106 posts, read 371,379 times
Omaha, Nebraska...that's where I'd look if I was interested in city livin'!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 AM

75 posts, read 294,137 times
The entire country is taking a turn for the worse very quickly. In the 10 years since I graduated high school in Nassau County, I've seen real estate prices skyrocket taking taxes along for the ride, fuel costs baloon, the numbers of channels increase, culture defined almost soley by what's on t.v. (that may not be all that new), people with college degrees, masters degrees, and even doctoral degrees barely able to get by and usually not in the field they chose in school. Maybe I'm just becomeing more cynical as I get older and have to pay property taxes in NYS, but frankly, something's going on in American and it's happening fast.

I think we'll se growth in upstate NY for a while, then it'll turn into downstate. I think the midwest buzz is over. People will want to be near the coast and the supercities, so rather than everyone relocating, I forsee the standard of living for Americans to decrease - and continue on that path until the end.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM

54 posts, read 274,232 times
move to geneseo NY great small town 30min from rochester NY the school has hillside (hillside helps special needs children) the school is small i love the town. ps geneseo is in livingston county. visit the town/village website http://www.geneseony.com

Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 PM

449 posts, read 1,126,248 times
Dockside-can you give me some info about southside or sunset beach nc?? I'm hoping you can change my mind about nc. My son and I moved here 8 mths ago from florida and we miss the beach so much. I might appreciate NC if I was near the beach. Thanks.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM

449 posts, read 1,126,248 times
Ooops-I meant Southport.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:36 PM

103 posts, read 654,041 times
Funny how people always say Raleigh. My niece is a police officer in Raleigh. She is quitting in June and moving back to WNY. Why? She has to work two jobs in order to afford her car and apartment. Now, if you are relocating to Releigh from the metro-NYC area I can see why it might be considered inexpensive.

Las Vegas might be more affordable now that the bubble has burst. My in-laws live in Vegas. I get sick nearly every time I go there due to the pollution. If the winds come in the air clears. Traffic is bad but certainly no worse than the metro-NYC area. The negative is a lot of tourists driving which means bad driving habits from all over the US converging in one place.

St. George, Utah is always mentioned as up and coming. It is close to Vegas. I was there last August and it may be up and coming but it not arrived yet. Lots of development happening, extremely expensive housing (lot prices in the $100K range for .18 acres). We quickly decided that is not the place for our winter abode.

You may want to try Las Cruces, NM. A very pretty area and close to El Paso so you have an airport.

Honestly? If half of what is said about global warming happens, the Great Lakes area will be the up and coming place. Vast water supply, more temperate climate. Heck, if we have more Januarys like the last few we will no longer be looking for a winter place.... well, maybe we will look for February.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York