Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:47 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
i was looking forward to more from vrt456.. and his time warp travels. wonder if thats his real name...
Judging from his/her post, it looks like vrt456 is trying to visit every county in NYS.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:16 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,387 times
Any clue to his motives?
Any basis, justified or not ?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 PM

Depends...if he's coming from downstate, with the downstate attitude, and comes planning to develop a rural area...I can see how local people would not be friendly to him. Cairo area is beautiful, peaceful and in some ways, backward...but that's just fine with the many people who live here and want it to stay that way. Definitely not a rat race here.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,847 times
to alleviate everyones concerns, i grew up on a farm. No city BS here. I've spent time in lots of places from Manhattan to the Mojave Desert. No i dont warp time, however i can only reference life around here as something you'd exerience in the deep south where it seems like the town has not evolved with the rest of the world. Has nothing to do with developing property or building skyscrapers or succumbing to urbanization. It has to do with how people conduct themselves. Simple respect, integrity, and trustworthiness. The handshake agreement is not recommended in greene county. Lets put all the remarks aside for a moment and get down to the reality of it. You have to be very careful about people in greene county. Cowboy's honor does not exist here among the majority. There is a higher quality to life when you can look someone in the eye, shake their hand and know you cant trust your deal will be honored. And yes, i would like to visit every county in NY. NY is a beautiful state. As far as the buh-buy comment from jfkIII, well i need say no more. Very Nice. You want me gone, and you dont even know me. I was raised in a town where everyone helped each other, even if you were a new family in town. You could trust your neighbor. People had values there that i think people here would only make fun of because they're scared of it. scared of the strength it takes to be helpful and conscientious rather than telling people to get out just because they werent born here. Usually people dont want new-comers because they feel threatened by it. The same theory as people who talk bad about others in order to make themselves feel better.
Well no hard feelings. I will be on my way to a town that can appreciate hardworking law abiding citizens. You will have one less "new citizen" to worry about soon. Enjoy....

Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 AM

406 posts, read 1,450,847 times
Itlogger, are you the OP, if so why are you signing on using a different handle? I must admit I have never been to Cairo, but your tarring an entire community with one brush bespeaks volumes about your attitude. I am always befuddled by those whose first posts consist of nothing but negativity. Good luck and I hope you find happiness.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 PM

And how are we to trust a person with different sign-ons? Are we handshaking with vrt456...or ltlogger. It's not unfriendly, it's being cautious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York