U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 PM

11 posts, read 42,145 times
Default internet providers in Plattsburgh

Aside from the terrible Charter Communications, who else provides high speed internet in Plattsburgh? Charter has terrible service all around and they're charging me a small fortune. I rent an apartment so satellite (DirecTV) isn't an option right now. I checked with Verizon but their website claims not to service this area?

Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM

160 posts, read 375,728 times
Default Here's an alternative

PrimeLink: PrimeLink in Plattsburgh, NY, offering residential and business customers broadband Internet access, local and long distance telephone services, bundled communication packages and high quality fiber optic solutions.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 PM

30,800 posts, read 35,834,492 times
What about Time Warner?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:14 PM

thanks guys...guess i'll have to stick with crappy Charter for now.

nunoco - Primelink is actually a little more expensive than Charter because they gave me a "promo" price for 12 months. i might switch once that runs out.

ckhthankgod - i would love to have Time Warner for both internet and cable but unfortunatly they don't service this area. Charter has a stronghold on the cable market. man, how i wish i could get DirecTV!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 PM

Is Charter just in the city of Plattsburgh?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 PM

i don't think Time Warner is anywhere in Plattsburgh. i just went to their website (Time Warner Cable | Time Warner Cable | Corporate) and searched for service in my area and it said the zip code is not in their system. then it directs me to another website to search for the cable provider in my area...which of course it tells me is Charter.

if you live in Plattsburgh and somehow have Time Warner, i'm very jealous! anything is better than Charter.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Check this out:Clinton County, NY Technology Listings Compare Ratings | Reviews Get Map | Directions @ DexKnows.com™

I think they have it in Rouses Point

Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 AM

23 posts, read 63,422 times
Rouses point, such a nice little town on the lake

Old 07-22-2009, 04:06 PM

518 posts, read 1,311,735 times
Wink Did you ever check out Verizon?

They are definitely in Plattsburgh now........and have the high speed i-net service. If you can bundle any of your services, you will probably come out better. I hate Charter also.....doing a promo deal right now, but loved my Direct TV with all the extra channels and sports. Also, I know that Verizon sometimes offers some sort of corporate discounts at times for cell phones, but honestly don't know if it applies to land lines. If you work for a larger company, you might at least ask about it.......never hurts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York