U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM

8 posts, read 65,637 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!! Been a little busy on the job, so tired when i get home i just collapse. Well i did take the nyc exam and thats the one i got a 90 on. However i was looking over my papers for the scheduled physical and investigation and its the NY state corrections trainee position i've been called for..... however after reading all these posts i will not be holding my breath!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 14,087 times
For those who are seeking a career in NYS Dept. of Corrections, NYC or any other Corrections Department in the US, you must get the new book, "Ruins of a Society and the Honorable," by Al Bermudez Pereira.

As mentioned on WBAI, 99.5 FM, by Mike Levine, who is the most highly decorated DEA Agent in US history, "A Prison Story/Autobiography like you have never read."

This book just recently won a Literary Award for 2009 Best Autobiography by the Multicultural Literature Advocacy Group in Alabama.

And if you're going to NYS Corrections, chances are you will be going to Sing Sing Prison before transferring to any other facility and this book breaks Sing Sing down in policy, procedures, common practices and corruption.

You can go and purchase it at: RuinsOfaSociety.com, or Amazon.com, believe me, you will, "NOT" regret it.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM

finished taking my physical agility and met my assigned detective. We seemed to hit it off good and i passed the whole physical , due for the psychological next month. Detective told me that there will be a mass retiree exodus in the next few years and state needs to hire now.... So it sounds good so far! And Al I'll be buying your book as well, i heard alot of great things about it..

Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 AM

197 posts, read 316,012 times
you guys should also look into local counties i know Rockland and Westchester most guys make over 100 K after 5 years

Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 PM

did my psych today and was scheduled for one on one for aug 3 in albany.... yikes!

Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM

16 posts, read 85,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyemtyankett View Post
did my psych today and was scheduled for one on one for aug 3 in albany.... yikes!
How long does it take from when you send in your canvass letter till you have an appt?? I just got my letter today!

Old 10-10-2010, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 13,651 times
Just got mine on the 7th. Not to sure how the process works ? Guess just wait and see. Was already to sit for the next one on the 16th. Guess I wont be doing that.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 PM

371 posts, read 513,400 times
I got mine last week also i sent the letter back anyone have any idea what youd do in albany? physical? mental evaluation? how many hours etc

Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 AM

3 posts, read 20,119 times
I just did the Oct 16 2010 exam for NYS CO trainee. Reading the posts here, I see people usually have a long wait before anything begins to happen. On average how long does it take to get your exam results?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:38 PM

146 posts, read 162,992 times
i also took the exam for the state correction officer exam...what did you think about the test easy or hard? and yea if anyone knows how long it takes to get the results back it would be appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York