Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 AM

633 posts, read 1,949,522 times

Advertisements

Lets read about your success stories!

If you don't know about it every state has an unclaimed funds office. The New York Comptrollers Office and website works really well.

New York State Comptroller
and
LIST OF NEW UNCLAIMED FUNDS FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS (http://www.osc.state.ny.us/ouf_recent/index.htm - broken link)

Just put in your name, relatives name (living or deceased) or even a friend and town location.

You can claim funds for yourself or deceased, with the proper ID paperwork or forward to a friend or relative.

Just insert the name and location and scroll through, look for miss-spelled names and address or house numbers that might have been changed due to local street or house number change.

I was able to find funds for;
My day 1700.00 bucks. (he was happy)

My wife (NJ listing) for 400.00 her name was miss-spelled and the reporting bank had an old house number.

3 deceased relatives, grand mom, dad and uncle.

My sister in-laws mom.

My brother in-law is deceased aunt.

The guy in Richmondville who said he was going to cut my hay, I found a listing for a relative of his. I will mail him the form since he does not have a computer.

Then I decided to follow up with my "Hi Neighbor" post and go a step further, so with a little spare time and computer finesse (all legal) have so far found 16 listing (Richmondville and Worcester) and the phone numbers and addresses to my "new neighbors". I have a flat rate phone bill so giving each one a BTW phone call will be fun and it might help not being seen as a down-stater but mike the guy "who".

I'm sure though I will get someone who is taken back and or upset that I know their personal info but that is human nature and hopefully calmed quickly.

Just make sure you use a state site or like NJ a site that state participates with (missingmoney). There are bogus site, like everything else. Again the NYS OCS is safe.

So Enjoy your week end and happy hunting..

NJMike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York