Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 AM

21 posts, read 82,840 times

Advertisements

I moved from Long Island over a year ago and need to find a new dentist. Not that I had a good one there-searched for 4 years.
The right hygienist is the most important part for me-who wants a rough person who won't remember you 6 months later? LOL
I live in Orange County. Warwick, NY. But I'm close enough to Middletown, Monroe, Harriman, New Milford, NJ., Vernon, NJ.
I have Blue Cross BlueShield Dental and another plan called "DDS". (Lucky me?-two plans to choose from).
My teeth and gums are decent-it just sucks to try out a new dentist because then I'm stuck with them for a year-plan rules. I'm a Local 3 electrician-if that helps. I don't want to pay out of pocket.
It's easier to find a pay out of pocket that does very good work-but I've been lucky with an incredible dentist and hygienists through DDS in Queens and yeeears ago through my city job with a great hygienist in the Bronx.
They are out there-I hope you can refer me to one.
Thank you a thousand times over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 PM

4 posts, read 16,074 times
well, funny how I see this post 2 days after visiting the dentist for an emergency. Just moved to Middletown from Rockland county and do not have a dentist. Tried Aspen in Middletown- prices were reasonable but I do not think they are that knowledgable. Told me to have a tooth removed because I needed root canal but since the tooth was loose dont bother with the root canal just have the tooth pulled. My mother sent me to her very expensive dentist in Tarrytown who's very gentle and knows his stuff. He says I do not need root canal, but have major bone loss and infections and is trying to save the tooth. I guess for you I would say stay away from "franchises", ask your neighbors who they use. You can try someone in your plan one by one til you find someone you are comfortable with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York